South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

You saw nothing that impressed you.....? What would have impressed you? More of a point spread? S. Pitt was demolished worse than anyone has done to them at any point this year, or even years, it wasn't even a game. You degrade your own team to somehow degrade the competition. S. Pitt, i hope, does well and advances deep into the playoff but they are not as strong as they have been. Because you think your team sucks doesn't somehow make everyone else's team bad or not as good. Get over it, you were blown out.  When you blew Marion out a few years, that didn't take away how good Pittsburg was because of how bad Marion was. 

Nope, not impressive beating a team that is not very good. I am not degrading the SP team, just stating facts.  A point spread proves nothing and I for one was not in favor of running up the score on the Warriors but I am not the coach. 

No one has answered my question earlier.  Jasper has not played one good team all year.

Starting kids late or holding them back has become the norm. I applaud his parents for giving him the best opportunity to succeed. I didn't see that comment necessarily as a jab but it is irrelevant and shouldn't have been brought up. As far as the comment on an "unbalanced schedule, I agree with TTP. We would have the same record as we do now. Hixon/Central are very comparable. The only other team you played any different is Bell. Would we beat them? Who knows. But I don't believe they handled you guys as easily as we did.

Good post, however SP had their best player and in OP's eyes the team's MVP. Hate to see any Youngon injured. The Pirates have had a slew of season ending injuries lately. The worst in OP's mind from an injury stand point was Mitchell a few years ago that he will forever be saddled with a walking handicap. The Warriors have a very good team and personally think can bring home the bacon! The Pirates can & should make a deep run although the Gold ball heads to the West again in 1A. The Warriors need to continue to work and fine tune, the Pirates need to really find and develop team chemistry. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Are those 1A trophies the same size as 2A and 3A. Didn't know if they were junior sized or not. Lol

That is funny because 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 were all years when the Pirates beat those Jasper Warriors.....knowing that was a bigger accomplishment for the boys than a trophy.

You saw nothing that impressed you.....? What would have impressed you? More of a point spread? S. Pitt was demolished worse than anyone has done to them at any point this year, or even years, it wasn't even a game. You degrade your own team to somehow degrade the competition. S. Pitt, i hope, does well and advances deep into the playoff but they are not as strong as they have been. Because you think your team sucks doesn't somehow make everyone else's team bad or not as good. Get over it, you were blown out.  When you blew Marion out a few years, that didn't take away how good Pittsburg was because of how bad Marion was.

You just hit the nail on the head with that one!

Good post, however SP hard their best player and in OP's eyes the team's MVP. Hate to see and Youngon injured. The Pirates have ha a slew of season ending injuries lately. The worst in OP's mind from an injury stand point was Mitchell a few years ago that will forget be saddled with a walking handicap. The Warriors have a very good team and personally think can bring home the bacon! The Pirates can & should make a deep run although the Gold ball heads to the West again in 1A. The Warriors need to continue to work and fine tune, the Pirates need to really find and develop team chemistry.

I agree 100%. I hate to see any of these kids injured. I know how hard they work and what the memories they make will mean to them when they get old like me!I love the rivalry and all the jabbing that goes along with it but it is and always be about these young men!

That is funny because 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 were all years when the Pirates beat those Jasper Warriors.....knowing that was a bigger accomplishment for the boys than a trophy.

So beating Marion County was better than a title? Get used to that score from Fri night because that's the way it's going to be for a while.

Nope, not impressive beating a team that is not very good. I am not degrading the SP team, just stating facts.  A point spread proves nothing and I for one was not in favor of running up the score on the Warriors but I am not the coach. 

No one has answered my question earlier.  Jasper has not played one good team all year.

So who would Marion need to play to be considered above average? Throw a few team names out there....

I agree I don't believe S. Pitt is very good this year either but is an average 1A playoff team. But its how good teams handle the average teams that you see how good they are. Marion didn't leave Copper Basin, S. Pitt, Sequatchie hanging around till halftime, it was over before the half. Teams that are really good demolish the teams it suppose to and make quick work of it. You know this, Pittsburg has been doing it for years. 

The playoffs are full of average teams with 3 -4 teams on each side of the state that will compete for the title. IMO, Marion, Trousdale, Oneida and Hampton are those 4 on the east, the rest in that bracket are AVERAGE playoff teams that could make a run but highly unlikely. Example being Boyd, they barely beat Pittsburg two weeks ago, Do you not think they are an average team too? When they run up too one of those four teams its going to be lights out. 

According to your statement, we aren't any better than Boyd. Thats just not being honest.

So beating Marion County was better than a title? Get used to that score from Fri night because that's the way it's going to be for a while.

It was pretty sweet or you would not be on hear crowing yourself....LOL.  I see maybe one more year of it not being competitive as SP will be very young next year.  After that, it will be a roll of the dice. 

Get used to it.....LOL....now that right there is funny.

I will have to disagree with most Pirate supporters here. I think Marion has a pretty good team this year. This average talk is most likely because we hate MC so bad. They have played a weak schedule yes but the East isn't that great anyways. Yes Zeman is the biggest difference but without him they still beat every team they have played minus Central. Do I think MC is great? No I do not but they are pretty dang good and coached very well. This year for them is similar to last year for SP. There really is no great team in the East in 1A or 2A. TC will be biggest challenge and they have lost their two best lineman for the year and best linebacker so they aren't at their best and have struggled with so many injuries. I think MC is favorite to get Cookeville. Whether they can win it or not I have no idea I haven't seen anyone from the West but I've seen most in the East and MC is more talented than any of them.

Btw Oneida,Hampton,Rockwood,Grace and Boyd are all 5 very close. The statement about Oneida and Hampton being lights out is kinda like star gazing. All 5 could beat each other on any given night. MC and TC are clear favorites

Edited by TonyHorton91281

I agree I don't believe S. Pitt is very good this year either but is an average 1A playoff team. But its how good teams handle the average teams that you see how good they are. Marion didn't leave Copper Basin, S. Pitt, Sequatchie hanging around till halftime, it was over before the half. Teams that are really good demolish the teams it suppose to and make quick work of it. You know this, Pittsburg has been doing it for years. 

The playoffs are full of average teams with 3 -4 teams on each side of the state that will compete for the title. IMO, Marion, Trousdale, Oneida and Hampton are those 4 on the east, the rest in that bracket are AVERAGE playoff teams that could make a run but highly unlikely. Example being Boyd, they barely beat Pittsburg two weeks ago, Do you not think they are an average team too? When they run up too one of those four teams its going to be lights out. 

According to your statement, we aren't any better than Boyd. Thats just not being honest.

I agree with what you are stating here....and yes, Boyd is an average team.  SP had their chances in that game as well as several others to either win it or put it away and just could not get it done.  That is the difference between a good and an average/below average team. 

Honestly, I don't know how good Jasper is.....and alot of my posts earlier was just to get TTP fired up which I accomplished.  Just from what I saw, the Warriors do have a solid team on both sides of the ball.  How good they are will be determined in the playoffs when you reach some competition.  The 2A bracket looks like the 1A bracket this year....too many cupcakes are post season bound.  Jasper and SP should both make it to at least the 3rd round....even farther depending on who is waiting at that point.  We will see what Trousdale has when they play Whitwell Friday night.