South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

Small town football relies on one of two things....(1) a superior running back, or (2) a superior line to launch an average running back.  SP has neither this year.  MC has Zeman.  SP has had its share of Wigfalls and Siscos, and MC has had Westmoreland.  This year it had Zeman.

As far as MC taking it all...I just don't see it.  They're good, but not that good.  SP was average at best at the beginning of the season (I know that sounds rough, but facts are facts) but were at their lowest point last night.  Whitwell could have beaten us by 4 TD's.  Lookout Valley would have given us a tough time last night.  MC's subs haven't proven that effective, and their starters  will have a tough time going four quarters against a latter playoff team.  Actually, I hope MC proves me wrong, but I just don't think it will happen.

Small town football relies on one of two things....(1) a superior running back, or (2) a superior line to launch an average running back. SP has neither this year. MC has Zeman. SP has had its share of Wigfalls and Siscos, and MC has had Westmoreland. This year it had Zeman.

As far as MC taking it all...I just don't see it. They're good, but not that good. SP was average at best at the beginning of the season (I know that sounds rough, but facts are facts) but were at their lowest point last night. Whitwell could have beaten us by 4 TD's. Lookout Valley would have given us a tough time last night. MC's subs haven't proven that effective, and their starters will have a tough time going four quarters against a latter playoff team. Actually, I hope MC proves me wrong, but I just don't think it will happen.

Don't worry, you will be wrong. They are for real.

Small town football relies on one of two things....(1) a superior running back, or (2) a superior line to launch an average running back.  SP has neither this year.  MC has Zeman.  SP has had its share of Wigfalls and Siscos, and MC has had Westmoreland.  This year it had Zeman.

As far as MC taking it all...I just don't see it.  They're good, but not that good.  SP was average at best at the beginning of the season (I know that sounds rough, but facts are facts) but were at their lowest point last night.  Whitwell could have beaten us by 4 TD's.  Lookout Valley would have given us a tough time last night.  MC's subs haven't proven that effective, and their starters  will have a tough time going four quarters against a latter playoff team.  Actually, I hope MC proves me wrong, but I just don't think it will happen.

I agree with you to a point. Sp put up a fight at the start of the game and our two busts for the game where the linebacker didn't make the tackles resulted in 80% of the sp offense. They put up a fight until they were gassed at the start of the second qtr if not before. These Marion starters will have no trouble playing a four qtr game, the conditioning program that Ross has put into place is paying dividends. Every opponent we have faced outside of central has wilted in the second half with the tempo that the offense plays with. Ride by the school at 630 every morning and you will see the kids out there running before school. After the turnover on downs at the sp 24, mc could have scored as much as they wanted, the pirates were that gassed. I think trousdale is still the team to beat in the east anyway and the west is a whole different animal this season. I look for the Creasy coached team to give Marion fits in the qtrs.

Truth I told you what would happen. It was evident at the jamboree that Marion was the class of the valley. Goodluck in your playoff run. A gold ball is in your future.

I wished you would be correct on this one but I still think trousdale is the favorite in the east. Creasy will give us fits with his multiple formations. I still think our offense is a little vunerable.

The young man #28/55(he wears both sometimes) that went in at nose in the second quarter, when #53 got hurt, is a freshman. and played admirably, also #8 that has played most of the season is also a freshman. And with all the sophomores our future looks bright 

That's funny, I remember that being said last year after we beat them at their place in the playoffs, next year is our turn........

I don't know what they said last year but I know what they have coming back and they are pretty loaded in every class but the SR one so whoever said that don't take much stock in having SRs to win. I think most expected this years team to be around 7-3 with their schedule and make some noise in playoffs. Few close games early on could've went either way and if they get past Rockwood they will still make a good run. However the next 2-3 years they will be much much better.