South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

My goodness.  Can you people not read??  I in no way tried to slam Zeman.  I went out of my way to point out he's a great guy.  How in the world could you interpret saying he's a man as a slam.  And I didn't say "our schedule".  I said a schedule as unbalanced as ours....meaning you guys having to play some teams way better than you.  Learn to read.

Come on D60, quit giving compliments......and you need to give the Jasperites a decoder....LOL.

My goodness.  Can you people not read??  I in no way tried to slam Zeman.  I went out of my way to point out he's a great guy.  How in the world could you interpret saying he's a man as a slam.  And I didn't say "our schedule".  I said a schedule as unbalanced as ours....meaning you guys having to play some teams way better than you.  Learn to read.

My goodness. Can you people not read?? I in no way tried to slam Zeman. I went out of my way to point out he's a great guy. How in the world could you interpret saying he's a man as a slam. And I didn't say "our schedule". I said a schedule as unbalanced as ours....meaning you guys having to play some teams way better than you. Learn to read.

LOPAO........fellers most everyone was 18 before they graduated back in the day, a HEEP dropped out of school before their senior year because, theys too old. Age makes a difference, shame on the parents that shuttled your young's off to school too soon. Congrats to Zeman's parents, old school type player part boy-part man! Edited by OLD PIRATE

So I guess the last 7-8 years, SP has had just average teams because they made it to the state game several times?  That is another laughable statement from someone that never played football.  I can guarantee you that SP has played some quality 1A teams in those playoff runs....better than what the Warriors will see this year.  If you play Trousdale County, it definitely won't be the beast of a team the Pirates have seen in the past.  They have a great coach and their team will play hard though.

I agree it has been watered down, but the teams that have made it to the State were good teams and would have had a good chance of making it to the state in the old system.

I am sure Jasper is just glad they don't have Alcoa waiting on them later in the playoffs.

. Yeah these teams nowadays surely could have beaten Brentwood academy and mus. I played football, just not in high school, so yes I have an opinion just like yours. Sp did have some quality teams, but under the old system it is crazy to think they would have went to the finals like they have the past five years........bottom line. Was a great run for the pirates, and with the new districts y'all should go 8-2 every year depending on who you schedule out of conference.. All hail to the great sp. They have always played way better teams than us and are worthy of our worship.........

Whether you admit it or not it was a jab at Zeman because of his age. Why else would there be any need to even mention it. Don't try to back out of a statement that you made.

Whether you admit it or not it was a jab at Zeman because of his age. Why else would there be any need to even mention it. Don't try to back out of a statement that you made.

Depends if you are for or against getting them out of the house as soon as possible, did you shuttle your youngons off to school early to save baby setter's $$$$$? Shame.........on you.......most do nowadays! Edited by OLD PIRATE

I admit nothing.  You see my name at the bottom....find Zeman and ask him what I said about him in my birthday note.  You're just petty.  Like a dog with a bone.

Starting kids late or holding them back has become the norm. I applaud his parents for giving him the best opportunity to succeed. I didn't see that comment necessarily as a jab but it is irrelevant and shouldn't have been brought up. As far as the comment on an "unbalanced schedule, I agree with TTP. We would have the same record as we do now. Hixon/Central are very comparable. The only other team you played any different is Bell. Would we beat them? Who knows. But I don't believe they handled you guys as easily as we did.

Just my opinion TTP, but we can see that you don't like it for sure.  I saw nothing that impressd me that much about Jasper the other night.  They played a team that is not very good in SP.  Punishment??  That is laughable.  Jasper has not played a good team all year.....the only one they played with some athletes beat them.  1A and 2A are weak this year so Jasper has a good chance of making it to State but those West teams have stepped it up a notch since the 90s.

You saw nothing that impressed you.....? What would have impressed you? More of a point spread? S. Pitt was demolished worse than anyone has done to them at any point this year, or even years, it wasn't even a game. You degrade your own team to somehow degrade the competition. S. Pitt, i hope, does well and advances deep into the playoff but they are not as strong as they have been. Because you think your team sucks doesn't somehow make everyone else's team bad or not as good. Get over it, you were blown out.  When you blew Marion out a few years, that didn't take away how good Pittsburg was because of how bad Marion was. 

. Yeah these teams nowadays surely could have beaten Brentwood academy and mus. I played football, just not in high school, so yes I have an opinion just like yours. Sp did have some quality teams, but under the old system it is crazy to think they would have went to the finals like they have the past five years........bottom line. Was a great run for the pirates, and with the new districts y'all should go 8-2 every year depending on who you schedule out of conference.. All hail to the great sp. They have always played way better teams than us and are worthy of our worship.........

Again, your opinion versus mine on whether they would make it or not.  Unless you have forgotten, SP is in 1A and would not have been in the classification as Brentwood Academy or MUS.  Keep living in the past.  With the watered down classifications, lets see if the Warriors can do the same thing and then we can revisit this conversation.