The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

Hats off to the AC coachin staff, like previous comments said there was some great playcalling, AC was outmanned at almost every position yet managed to go toe to toe for the most part tonight. AC should have los by 30pts tonight talent wise and yet lost by 12 and had some chances to take the game. The triple reverse pass that Fox couldnt real in might have been a 14 point play, we convert that and it might go the distance, instead we have to punt and shank it out of bounds at our own 32 yard line setting up a huge TD opportunity fir OR. Special teams were by far the difference maker in this one. On kickoffs we allowed OR to have great field position multiple times around midfield and at least one starting in AC territory while AC was forced to start at our own 20 every time but 1 and that one we just got to the 33, that was probably about 150-180 yards of field position difference through the entire night and was probably the deciding factor, If AC moved the ball 30 yards we were just getting to midfield, if OR moved the ball 30 yards they were in te redzone, hard to beat a team like that, we have to fix it somehow if we want to upset any of the top seeded teams in the post season, that field position coupled with Turnovers and that one shanked punt were backbreakers. I wonder what the average starting field position for each team was, it wouldnt suprise me if it was in the range of AC starting at our own 30 and OR starting at the AC 40 thats tok hard to overcomw and I think was the difference

Hats off to the AC coachin staff, like previous comments said there was some great playcalling, AC was outmanned at almost every position yet managed to go toe to toe for the most part tonight. AC should have los by 30pts tonight talent wise and yet lost by 12 and had some chances to take the game. The triple reverse pass that Fox couldnt real in might have been a 14 point play, we convert that and it might go the distance, instead we have to punt and shank it out of bounds at our own 32 yard line setting up a huge TD opportunity fir OR. Special teams were by far the difference maker in this one. On kickoffs we allowed OR to have great field position multiple times around midfield and at least one starting in AC territory while AC was forced to start at our own 20 every time but 1 and that one we just got to the 33, that was probably about 150-180 yards of field position difference through the entire night and was probably the deciding factor, If AC moved the ball 30 yards we were just getting to midfield, if OR moved the ball 30 yards they were in te redzone, hard to beat a team like that, we have to fix it somehow if we want to upset any of the top seeded teams in the post season, that field position coupled with Turnovers and that one shanked punt were backbreakers. I wonder what the average starting field position for each team was, it wouldnt suprise me if it was in the range of AC starting at our own 30 and OR starting at the AC 40 thats tok hard to overcomw and I think was the difference

I don't think the talent difference was that big of a difference with the excpetion of Tee. He is just a man among boys. #2 and Fox are every bit as good if not better than any player we have. Y'all have some big strong boys, too. Plus, playing on your home field is a big advantage. Anytime you can go on the road and beat a good team like AC you have done a great job.

Edited by SweetScience

This was absolutely great Mav4. Wonderful Synopsis! I have been in the dark since some people have to work. LOL the 3 hours difference does not help either. Did not want to bother Davey and Russ. They have a lot of work to do :). But I feel that I was at the game. I hope you have more stats. As you know sometimes your stats and details is all others may know for a while. Thx :)

This was absolutely great Mav4. Wonderful Synopsis! I have been in the dark since some people have to work. LOL the 3 hours difference does not help either. Did not want to bother Davey and Russ. They have a lot of work to do :). But I feel that I was at the game. I hope you have more stats. As you know sometimes your stats and details is all others may know for a while. Thx :)

Dont have many at the moment, but when I get some I will let you know, But I will guess a little and give you a "seat of my pants" thought at how the Stats might look. Fox was solid again tonight, guessing he had around 130-140 yards on probably 25 carries. Johnson at QB had a good night other than a costly INT on our second offensive play that set up OR deep in our territory for their first TD of the game after the defense held thwm to a misse FG attempt on their first drive, guessing I would say that Johnson had around 120-140 yards passing for one TD and 1INT with a long of 77 and probably 50-60 yards rushing and one TD. Ford had a good night with a few catches for probably around 90 yards and he had some rushes as well. We had a couple other players catch passes, 44 ha one for around a 35 yard score. All in all I would say we had around 200-225 rushing and a total of 360 for the offense, this is all guessing, some of the OR guys may have actual numbers but I saw one post that OR had around 100 fewer yards for the night which seems about right.

Dont have many at the moment, but when I get some I will let you know, But I will guess a little and give you a "seat of my pants" thought at how the Stats might look. Fox was solid again tonight, guessing he had around 130-140 yards on probably 25 carries. Johnson at QB had a good night other than a costly INT on our second offensive play that set up OR deep in our territory for their first TD of the game after the defense held thwm to a misse FG attempt on their first drive, guessing I would say that Johnson had around 120-140 yards passing for one TD and 1INT with a long of 77 and probably 50-60 yards rushing and one TD. Ford had a good night with a few catches for probably around 90 yards and he had some rushes as well. We had a couple other players catch passes, 44 ha one for around a 35 yard score. All in all I would say we had around 200-225 rushing and a total of 360 for the offense, this is all guessing, some of the OR guys may have actual numbers but I saw one post that OR had around 100 fewer yards for the night which seems about right.

This is good. Wow this is telling something. 28 pts just on field advantage and big plays. Is that correct with total yards being 100. I may have misunderstood the total yards but that is a wow if so.

This is good. Wow this is telling something. 28 pts just on field advantage and big plays. Is that correct with total yards being 100. I may have misunderstood the total yards but that is a wow if so.

No. We had more than 100 total yards lol AC had 100 more total than we did and a lot of that was because y'all had to drive the whole field most of the night while we didn't, BUT you have to give our return team credit for getting us good field position, too. We had more than a few really good returns.

No. We had more than 100 total yards lol AC had 100 more total than we did and a lot of that was because y'all had to drive the whole field most of the night while we didn't, BUT you have to give our return team credit for getting us good field position, too. We had more than a few really good returns.

I see. That too makes sense. But it appears we were a little more explosive then I assumed considering the circumstances and up until the 4th it sounds like the game could have went either way which again is good but not what I expected even at home. In the past AC did not play at home as good as they did away overall my experience but again that was the past.

It would be interesting to know half stats when ever you get chance I have to catch a ferry at 5am so when you can I would so appreciate it. I will try and watch the game on the net at BBB too this weekend if I do not work then too. LOL

Wow what a game congratulations to the 10-0 Wildcats! We came, we saw we kicked their ####!

I agree about playing loud music over the intercom when the ball is in play. That should not be allowed by any team. Other than that it was a good game.

I really like the PA he is good at least for the Mavs. He has always been on cue. I am thinking this happened at one game last year it may have been a mistake but it depends on how many times it happened. Other then that to me he is really good. If I am not mistaken I think West last year thought he was good. Really never heard anyone complain of him but you guys. What's up with that? LOL :) No seriously he is good!  :)

I really like the PA he is good at least for the Mavs. He has always been on cue. I am thinking this happened at one game last year it may have been a mistake but it depends on how many times it happened. Other then that to me he is really good. If I am not mistaken I think West last year thought he was good. Really never heard anyone complain of him but you guys. What's up with that? LOL :) No seriously he is good!  :)

He isn't bad. Actually said a few things that cracked me up. Only problem I had with him (and it may not have even been him) was the very loud music whoever was in the pressbox playing it would play almost every time we would snap the ball. That I didn't agree with. Other than that I have no problem with the guy. Like I said he may not even be responsible for the loud music before the snaps.