The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

There's an awful lot of goodwill for the Mavs on here after we lost last night, LOL.  Just kidding, our Mavs respect the Cats even though they wore us down.  I agree with several commenters on here that special teams were the difference.  I do like the way we played last night.  There was a fire in their bellies and I hope we carry that over to the playoffs.  I also agree that our staff does a great job.

Zero games are about matchups. West is more about speed which plays into Oak Ridge hand. West will have to drive 80. But also West has to defend the pass game.  Oak Ridge was pretty conservative in the air.  #5 and #2 were open several times deep but Oak Ridge ran the ball. 99 probably should and I bet will play more offense this week. Gaddis needs to get him the ball. I seen West too and I don't see how you feel they are that much better than Oak Ridge, S. Doyle, or Anderson County. 

Nole, maybe OR didnt show all... but still its been said AC had to play mistake free football to beat OR. Still if thats all OR has, which I hope not, because I do pull for anderson county schools. I think knox west wins again.

I do believe West would beat us too if I was being honest with myself, but every game and matchup is different, so you just never can tell.

Nole, maybe OR didnt show all... but still its been said AC had to play mistake free football to beat OR. Still if thats all OR has, which I hope not, because I do pull for anderson county schools. I think knox west wins again.

I guarantee OR did not show all. The playbook at practice has a lot more than has been shown. Still trying to establish the pounding running game. Coaching staff knows we have explosive receivers when needed. Obviously the goal was to win the game, but there is still a lot of practicing and experimenting on Friday nights. They could just throw to Tee almost every play, but I don't think that gets OR ready to go deep into play-offs. I'd be willing to bet Middleton is used a little more on offense and Chapman more on defense. Maybe not first round, but later. I believe Coach has set a great pace getting the boys ready.

Just better do something about misdirection leaving the middle of the field open. Think in other teams will scout and remember? I wish we did that more often.

Zero games are about matchups. West is more about speed which plays into Oak Ridge hand. West will have to drive 80. But also West has to defend the pass game. Oak Ridge was pretty conservative in the air. #5 and #2 were open several times deep but Oak Ridge ran the ball. 99 probably should and I bet will play more offense this week. Gaddis needs to get him the ball. I seen West too and I don't see how you feel they are that much better than Oak Ridge, S. Doyle, or Anderson County.

West will be vulnerable to any team that has a good passing game. The only thing is you have to be able to slow west down in order to win. Which requires a good defense and it appears that OR has one. That will be an interesting game and I plan to come up to OR and watch it.

West will be vulnerable to any team that has a good passing game. The only thing is you have to be able to slow west down in order to win. Which requires a good defense and it appears that OR has one. That will be an interesting game and I plan to come up to OR and watch it.

This is just shocking to me.... 2 All State kids back there and this seems to be their weakness.