The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

The PA guy cracked me up when he said "Fox is giving out piggy back rides to #78 Fleming and 99 Middleton"  Fleming is 6-4 320, and Darel is 6-6 270.  That Fox is very strong, good hard nosed, downhill runner.  I knew that was going to be a fist fight.  Just glad we came out on top.

Yea, I chuckled on that one too lol.  Fox ended the night with 142 yards on 24 carries, that's an average of 5.9 per carry against what I think might be one of the most solid defenses in 5A, that's pretty good.  I have not gotten what the total for the night was for AC, but I was very impressed with how well we ran the ball given our situation with the passing game.  Davey had a pretty good offensive game plan for the most part, there were a few times where we got the OR defense out of position and we had a few big pass plays because of it, I am a little more confident in this team going forward in the playoffs, if they play well and Johnson developes a little more at the QB spot to become mistake free we could be a pretty good playoff team.  That Pick we threw on our second offensive play of the game after holding OR on their first possession and gaining 8 yards on our the first play with the run was huge to set up OR for their first score...we cant make those mistakes going forward and if we don't we could be pretty good.  There was a huge difference I think in the way Johnson looked last night at QB and what he looked a week ago, if he can make another stride he may be our best option going forward because he is competitive and is a very good runner and is a very smart player, that pick was so uncharacteristic of him.

Yea, I chuckled on that one too lol.  Fox ended the night with 142 yards on 24 carries, that's an average of 5.9 per carry against what I think might be one of the most solid defenses in 5A, that's pretty good.  I have not gotten what the total for the night was for AC, but I was very impressed with how well we ran the ball given our situation with the passing game.  Davey had a pretty good offensive game plan for the most part, there were a few times where we got the OR defense out of position and we had a few big pass plays because of it, I am a little more confident in this team going forward in the playoffs, if they play well and Johnson developes a little more at the QB spot to become mistake free we could be a pretty good playoff team.  That Pick we threw on our second offensive play of the game after holding OR on their first possession and gaining 8 yards on our the first play with the run was huge to set up OR for their first score...we cant make those mistakes going forward and if we don't we could be pretty good.  There was a huge difference I think in the way Johnson looked last night at QB and what he looked a week ago, if he can make another stride he may be our best option going forward because he is competitive and is a very good runner and is a very smart player, that pick was so uncharacteristic of him.

What a great game to get AC ready for the playoffs! Congrats to OR on your win. It was a well played game on your part and AC will have to fix our aim and quit shooting ourselves in the foot. On a positive note, The Fox broke 2k yards rushing in regular season making that back to back years. He now sits at 2058. I had never seen Tee play, but have to say, he fits the mold exactly for what the SEC and many schools are looking for. I was impressed with the size of many of the OR players and their skills. Saturday we will know just how this all shapes up.  I agree completely M4L that we ran the ball pretty well but have a lot to clean up. Garrett is coming around nicely and improving each week. His rushing last night was better than I've seen and he pulled us out of a few pinches.  He stayed focused and gave his all.

Edited by Foxman43

I think what makes Fox so good is how hard he hits the line of scrimmage. Their isn't no tip toeing with that kid. He has a very fast first step and when he runs he gets upfield. Sees the hole and bang he hits it. He also has very subtle sidestep moves that if you aren't paying attention you will miss and not to mention he is tough as pine knot. Last night while he had a great game I think he was even more valuable as a decoy last night. He was the reason those long pass plays worked because you always have to be accountable for him. Just a great HS football player. Look forward to seeing him in college and will try to go watch him wherever he goes.

Very impressed with the way AC played last night. But in all honesty I thought OR was better than what they showed. IMO AC was just 2 to 3 plays from pulling the game out.

I thought AC outplayed us for the most part, but I think we are a better team than what we showed last night. AC coaches had a great gameplan. Every time we play AC they give us fits, so I wasn't surprised. As I've said before they really bring it when they play us. Probably more so than any other team. Plus them guys didn't want to relinquish that district title I'm sure. With all that said we still won after taking their best shot on their home turf. We still have a lot of room for improvements. I still believe we have the better football team as a whole even if we maybe did get outplayed last night. Got to give their staff credit for having then ready and having an awesome game plan and play calling.

Very impressed with the way AC played last night. But in all honesty I thought OR was better than what they showed. IMO AC was just 2 to 3 plays from pulling the game out. 

Oak Ridge IS better than what they showed. Give AC credit.  What if.....no illegal man downfield on TD pass and 2 missed FG (Nickle never misses)? Does 41-16 sound about right? Oak Ridge might have blown two pass coverages all year prior to last night. Gave up two long ones last night. If OR plays as usual except for five plays, its a dominant blow-out. All the credit in the world to AC for making the game close.

Did OR score follow the illegal man downfield? That would change my argument a little?

AC played great. My second favorite team in TN

Edited by OR nole