Coalfield(5-4)@Oakdale(6-3)

TheMan0405

What kind of schedule does Oakdale play?

the combined record of the teams they've beat is 8-52. The 4 teams they've played that are decent have been blowouts. The eagles took advantage of a weak schedule and got themselves in the playoffs but don't expect them to make a run in them. Edited by TheMan0405

Oakdale's previous records versus virtually the same caliber schedule they have this season.

2013: 3-7

2012: 1-9

2011: 2-8

2010: 2-8

2009: 0-10

2008: 2-8

2007: 0-10

2006: 0-10

2005: 2-8

2004: 2-8

2003: 1-9

2002: 2-8

2001: 2-8

Now one of their 2-8 seasons was actually a 3-8 season but I did not include the bowl win over Whitwell. I only listed regular season records. Yes Oakdale did not have a high strength of schedule for their wins but why in the world would they? All year folks have wanted to put down Oakdale because they haven't beat anybody, well for the last decade and a half they have been one of the nobody's most folks beat. They're not scheduling down, they've scheduled similar competition and have gotten better. I'm thrilled for them and hope they continue to improve. Heck I'd love to see Oakdale become a regular on the bracket & be listed near the top of the SOS list every year. I hope they continue to improve to that point but to call them out on SOS given their own records is just bad form IMO.

Edited by crow

Oakdale's previous records versus virtually the same caliber schedule they have this season.

Now one of their 2-8 seasons was actually a 3-8 season but I did not include the bowl win over Whitwell. I only listed regular season records. Yes Oakdale did not have a high strength of schedule for their wins but why in the world would they? All year folks have wanted to put down Oakdale because they haven't beat anybody, well for the last decade and a half they have been one of the nobody's most folks beat. They're not scheduling down, they've scheduled similar competition and have gotten better. I'm thrilled for them and hope they continue to improve. Heck I'd love to see Oakdale become a regular on the bracket & be listed near the top of the SOS list every year. I hope they continue to improve to that point but to call them out on SOS given their own records is just bad form IMO.

Oakdale has beat teams they usually lose too. They have improved and I'm glad to see them in the playoffs but they are still not on the level of coalfield or Oneida. They ran their mouth at coalfield all week saying they were better and wouldn't have a problem beating coalfield. They also said they wouldn't face another good running back until they met greenback in the playoffs. Their is reason for the hate on Oakdale, they brought some of it on themselves.

I agree they seemed a little high strung at times this year. I just can't help but think that was due in big part to them holding so tight to the hopes of that Cinderella story. If they can keep the wins coming I'd say that will correct itself soon.

My post was not a personal attack on you just for the record.

+1 the Eagles are improving not playing down.

I agree they seemed a little high strung at times this year. I just can't help but think that was due in big part to them holding so tight to the hopes of that Cinderella story. If they can keep the wins coming I'd say that will correct itself soon.

My post was not a personal attack on you just for the record.

I didn't take it as one just wanted to let it be known that they had brought some of the hate on themselves.

No they don't and I can't blame 1A teams for not scheduling them. But playing teams like that is what prepares you for the playoffs, not playing mt Juliet Christian and sale creek.

And that's what I said earlier about you all being battle tested. If Oakdale had scheduled greenback, nd and Catholic, or caliber like that there would be be playoffs to prepare for. 3 of their wins were district opponents and they beat 3 teams that they lost to last year and they also have rockwood on schedule. You can't give any thought to a bunch of 15 year old kids who run their mouths. It's no secret to anyone who knows football that Coalfield was a better team even before the game was played. I know their fans and coaches have the utmost respect for Coalfield. Heck, I found out yesterday that one of Oakdale's coaches has a nephew that plays for Coalfield.

And that's what I said earlier about you all being battle tested. If Oakdale had scheduled greenback, nd and Catholic, or caliber like that there would be be playoffs to prepare for. 3 of their wins were district opponents and they beat 3 teams that they lost to last year and they also have rockwood on schedule. You can't give any thought to a bunch of 15 year old kids who run their mouths. It's no secret to anyone who knows football that Coalfield was a better team even before the game was played. I know their fans and coaches have the utmost respect for Coalfield. Heck, I found out yesterday that one of Oakdale's coaches has a nephew that plays for Coalfield.

The problem is it wasn't just 15 yr olds. It was also coaches from Oakdale saying they had better athletes than coalfield and were the better team.