William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had to work tomorrow so he may be asleep but that was honestly William Blounts chance to get one over Bearden finally. Hate that for him since he's a diehard fan of theirs

I hate it too man. He is a good guy with a good personality. Never seen a fan as dedicated as him as he is to WB. I do admire him for that. I enjoy giving him he**, but I like him.

May I throw my 2 cents into what may have happened tonight. If you look at both teams game against Farragut which were both played in the past two weeks W.B. lost 31-63 but Bearden Lost 37 to 54 playing away. Now lets look at the West scores which were in the past couple of weeks and W.B. lost 14-70 and Bearden lost 19-54. Even though Maryville beat Bearden worse than W.B. I do know G.Q. played everyone of his players against the Governors.. For some reason he wouldn't take his foot off the gas pedal against Bearden and kelp his first unit in longer which was kind of wrong considering he was facing a bunch of his former players that are coaching Bearden. With those two games to compare from it shouldn't be a complete surprise what happened tonight. Also the weather change could of had a major effect in this game and it being away and I'm sure Gov wasn't the only fan that stayed home to brave the elements. So I'm sure there wasn't many fans there to pull the Governors on which could have played on the kids minds that were out there looking into empty stands in the cold wet rain. Does any of this make sense or should I talk about Maryville running out of mayo last night for the Chick-Fil-A's and had to use Subway light mayo instead.

Barney,

What it amounts to is we were shooting dead fish in a barrel and couldn't even do that right. We were up 14-zip and had all the momentum but failed to capitalize on several opportunities in the redzone. Then we threw an interception in the redzone and bearden got a good return out of into our territory and all the momentum went their way and they showed the first signs of life and scored. It was especially frustrating because if we could have scored just one more time and went up 21-0 bearden prolly would have completely given up but we let them hang in there and gave them hope and it came back to bite us. The Govs just lack the killer instinct, there's no other way to put it.

I wonder if Delong of Bearden had anything to do with the outcome of this game? I heard his name a lot on the Radio broadcast.

Give credit to bearden for hanging in there and Delong did play well. But surely you realize that WB blew that game in the 1st half. It could have been 28 or 35 to zip. We let bearden have hope instead of putting a dagger through their heart. You gotta give credit to bearden for their 2nd half but you also got to admit if WB took care of business in the 1st half that game would have been a blowout in WB's favor. Edited by Governors91

I wonder if Delong of Bearden had anything to do with the outcome of this game? I heard his name a lot on the Radio broadcast.

I listened to a good part of the game and Delong seemed to be his usual disruptive self on defense while seeing more action, too, in Bearden's offensive backfield than he had in any other game this year. William Blount's sideline reporter, Robbie Lotz (forgive me, Robbie, if I'm butchering your last name, but please know that I think you have a far better figure than Erin Andrews), deserves a Marconi Award for noticing that Bearden's punter, Matthew Marlow, shed his right glove before a first half fake punt. And as for Scott and Stan, they always make me laugh -- and I mean that in the best way possible.  

Everybody talks about #5 who I love, but west goes as far as #7 takes them. As for who doesn't - PA and probably Knoxvul

Just so we are clear..... I have nothing against the kids who play for West. Marshall is a beast!!! Cottrell is a great football player. I was impressed by what West has been able to do this year. Saying all this doesn't change the fact that I am not a fan of the West Rebels, unless of course, you play the Owls of Ooltewah.

Double S! I was happy to get the W in a close game.... We have a ton of work to do and I hope our kids and coaches get back to work this week! I will also say that Knoxville officials just aren't very good overall. Amazes me that they can be as bad as they are.

Edited by Knoxvul

Just so we are clear..... I have nothing against the kids who play for West. Marshall is a beast!!! Cottrell is a great football player. I was impressed by what West has been able to do this year. Saying all this doesn't change the fact that I am not a fan of the West Rebels, unless of course, you play the Owls of Ooltewah.

Double S! I was happy to get the W in a close game.... We have a ton of work to do and I hope our kids and coaches get back to work this week! I will also say that Knoxville officials just aren't very good overall. Amazes me that they can be as bad as they are.

Well for the record - I'm not a Fulton fan - but I will be pulling for East Tenn to bring it home - Fulton included.