South Pitt vs. Clay (Moore man against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

From my experience, SP has had trouble defending the pass in the past.

It seems they were undisciplined in the secondary and the way they like to blitz, it opens them up to the pass.

That's why I think Clay will score some.

They didn't have the tall QB when we played them in the first game of the season, but their WR was their lone bright spot.

Now that they have someone to throw him the ball, it could be interesting.

Clay's coach coached York to the Semi's, I believe, a few years ago. I believe he's a decent coach.

Clay also beat the top seed in this quad.

I wish Gville was in this quad, but we're not, oh well.

I also can assure you that in about 4-6 years, Clay will be a force, mark it down.

You talk about the defense being undisciplined in the secondary in the past.  However, the year you guys won the gold, it was a 1 pt game and Gordy wasn't throwing it well.  Plus, we didn't get hurt in the Silver Ball fiascos by the pass either, but failing to stop the run game on 3rd downs. 

If you are talking about Signal Mtn's passing game, that is a different beast with different depth and your Gold Ball team would have gotten lit up by a couple of those Signal Teams.  Ask TC.

Edited by rlh

You talk about the defense being undisciplined in the secondary in the past.  However, the year you guys won the gold, it was a 1 pt game and Gordy wasn't throwing it well.  Plus, we didn't get hurt in the Silver Ball fiascos by the pass either, but failing to stop the run game on 3rd downs. 

If you are talking about Signal Mtn's passing game, that is a different beast with different depth and your Gold Ball team would have gotten lit up by a couple of those Signal Teams.  Ask TC.

I wasn't talking about the semifinal game in 2012.

I was referring to some previous games to where SP would send the house opening up hot routes, and our receivers at times have beat your DB's deep.

Beings you secondary has usually been faster than our receivers, I would see that as a lack of discipline and technique.

I'm not saying we've been able to throw it all over the yard, but SP gives other teams opportunities to score via the pass.

Does that make sense?

I said all that because it seems Clay is going to try to throw the ball, and I don't think SP should sleep on them.

I firmly believe SP will win, but Clay might surprise you guys.

Edited by croz6110

According to those in the know around players all the time.....this could be the last game for sp

No it won't, whitwell hammered clay 46-12 or something like that. That means sp will beat them by either four or five touchdowns. After they do, they will be back to their old selves and wishing they had played like that last week

The things you read on a message board.

No it won't, whitwell hammered clay 46-12 or something like that. That means sp will beat them by either four or five touchdowns.

Clay beat Monterey and Jackson beat Clay so stands to reason Jackson beats Monterey. Except Monterey beat Jackson 42 to 7. I know nothing about SP other than historically they are a good football team. Clay is a young team QB is a Sophomore one RB is a freshman 2 receivers are Juniors and one is a sophomore. On paper SP is the better team but that's why the game is played thing don't always turn out as they should. If Clay looses it's on to basketball where we will have a very strong team 6' 2", 6' 5", 6' 6" and 6' 7" two sophomores and two juniors.

I wasn't talking about the semifinal game in 2012.

I was referring to some previous games to where SP would send the house opening up hot routes, and our receivers at times have beat your DB's deep.

Beings you secondary has usually been faster than our receivers, I would see that as a lack of discipline and technique.

I'm not saying we've been able to throw it all over the yard, but SP gives other teams opportunities to score via the pass.

Does that make sense?

I said all that because it seems Clay is going to try to throw the ball, and I don't think SP should sleep on them.

I firmly believe SP will win, but Clay might surprise you guys.

SP can't afford to sleep on anyone this year.  They found that out with Dunlap and Whitwell.

In all my years of reading CoachT I don't think I've ever seen a parent jump in and both defend their child and bash the coaches. I guess I'm old school, but I just think that's a line that shouldn't be crossed. Chew on a coach's ear all you want in private, but not on a public forum. I don't have a real problem with critiquing a coach on here, but I don't like to see people make it personal.