Independence @ Hendersonville

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a video of Independence few weeks back vs Centennial.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7VqWyFk7es&list=UU-YIglVp1cHoc6jkfJ83vfQ

I have seen Independence up close and they have some Athletes that will move the ball and score lots of points.  My2 Cents....Their defense can be exploited.  If the Commandos run the ball effectively they can win.   Indy is a very good team that had Blackman beat only to fall apart in the 4th Q.  

This has to be one of the best 1st round match ups. This is a toss up. Good luck to HHS!

I couldn't agree more.  I watched Beech play both teams.  The Indy team I saw is better than the Hendersonville team I saw.  Everyone I talked to from Hendersonville said they didn't show up for the Beech game, for whatever reason.  And maybe Indy played way over their head when they came to Shackle Island (I doubt it).  My first thought when I saw this pairing was that Indy's strength is HHS' weakness.  They really spread Beech out and forced them to cover and tackle in space.  I was very impressed with Indy's qb and receivers.  No real specimens that wowed you during warm ups, but very acurate, ran precise routes, and caught everything that was thrown near them.  They were just athletic enought that if you weren't sound on your coverage and tackling (which Beech wasn't) they could really burn you.  The qb can hurt you with his feet as well.  They have a nice rb that is tough to bring down, particularly when you are spread out on D covering the wideouts.  Indy's D was not very big, but ran and tackled pretty well.  There were times when they had 10-11 in the box against Beech and the Bucs couldn't do anything offensively against them.  I think HHS will have to have some success throwing the ball to have a chance to win.  I wish the Commandos well, but this Indy team is pretty darn good.

Edited by tandem

Indy is better then last year - they let one slip away from Blackman and dominated them on offense - team played tough schedule and think total combine loss for the 4 teams they played and lost was 5 - in all games except Ravenwood they sprinted to early leads and lost late in tight games - I expect them to do the same this Friday but hope they can hold up on defense -

HHS will see the best offense they have seen - the Indy QB is lethal passing the ball and Navy commit running back DC can break it anytime -

That said Indy will score but can they stop HHS enough to win is the question

Independence is very impressive and should be a very exciting game.. Nothing but respect for Blade and Co.

Hopeful for a rainy night ;)

Hatfield an Hendersonville are a tough combination hence look back at last season. That was then this is now. I think the magic is gone this time around. Independence has been tested early and often this year. My pick:

Indy  35   Hville  28

Passing game too much for Commando's Db's.

Independence cannot pass the ball if the commandos run it as they have been this year.