Munford @ Henry County- Round 1

MSURacer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't look like many Munford (maybe any!) fans get on here. They do run a Wing-t offense. Looks like their Defense has been a strong point for them, except against a few teams (Hardin County, Millington, Bartlett) - possibly something got exposed in those games with 34-41 points scored against them. Very little passing thus far in the season, but of course, all teams try to pass when the meet Henry County! If our offense can click right off the bat, will put Munford at a severe disadvantage. I feel like our strong run defense will force them into doing things they don't normally do - which makes a team prone to mistakes and turnovers. Ready for Friday to get here!!!

Go Big RED!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

Munford will probably run the wing-t, although there have been some games where they lined up in 3 and 4 wide and ran sort of a read option. They did this earlier in the year and had some success with it. They really want to go on long drives and kind of shorten the game. Against Hardin Co. last week they received the opening kick off and ran 8 minutes off the clock before they scored. If they get behind its over though. They don't really have much of a passing attack to speak of. Maybe a few short routes and throws to a back coming out of the backfield, but they will definitely not take any shots down field. At least none that should be completed if the defense is half competent. 

Henry Co. should roll this week. Get munford behind on the early downs and force them to try and throw the ball and it will be a very long night for the cougars. 

i dont think there is any way that munford scores 21

I think I'll have to agree with that. Unless HC gets up like 49-0 with the 2nd's & 3rd's in all 4th qtr, I think that the Red Swarm will be playing nearly the whole game. This is playoff time, and the Big Red Defense needs to be prepared for a FULL 4 quarters of play! That being said, I think we keep the Cougars score down low.