Lawrence County got screwed

purple75gold

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that a team that doesn't really expect to make it out of the second round would complain about being in a bracket that may cause them to have to play tougher teams and possibly travel over an hour. Personally I can not wait for HC to make another 3 hour trip to Cookeville, but I realize, from experience, that trip is more special when each week of the playoffs you anticipate playing the best of the best wherever that needs to be.

Edited by revved1

We can agree to disagree on this. Just to be clear....I am not a Lawrence County fan whatsoever. In fact, I hope they go 1-and-done. They crossed the line numerous times last week against Shelbyville, playing well beyond the whistle with several cheap shots. They like to go after opponent's legs/knees even after the whistle. Glad they got what they got with Millington in the first round, so I'm actually happy with the inconsistency of the TSSAA this year. But, they did not go strictly on geography as they say....and they also broke their Quad rules. A Natural Quad 2 team like Lawrence County is supposed to only move one Quad at the most (despite their proximity to Memphis). Their bylaws say that teams can only be moved one Quad over from their Natural Quad. Again, I understand their proximity completely. It makes sense, however inconsistency from one year to the next is obvious. They should have gone to Quad 4 last year as well, but they didn't. Oh well, I hope they lose...and I think they will. Millington is really good...and Lawrence County has no passing game. Too one-dimensional to beat a very, very good team in the playoffs.

Beat Shelbyville. Held that high powered spread offense to under 20 pts. Won the district weak or not. Avg about 300 yds rushing a game every game. Don't have to pass.ask Shelby how they liked the ball run down there throat.

Beat Shelbyville. Held that high powered spread offense to under 20 pts. Won the district weak or not. Avg about 300 yds rushing a game every game. Don't have to pass.ask Shelby how they liked the ball run down there throat.

Their running back had 231 yards alone against Lawrence County...defense is not that good...and Lawrence County only had 262 of total offense, all rushing yards. It all came down to penalties, turnovers, cold and windy weather, and 4th down conversions. Now, go lose to Millington and be content with 1-and-done. Shelbyville will beat Clarksville and move on...and all will be right in the world.

Their running back had 231 yards alone against Lawrence County...defense is not that good...and Lawrence County only had 262 of total offense, all rushing yards. It all came down to penalties, turnovers, cold and windy weather, and 4th down conversions. Now, go lose to Millington and be content with 1-and-done. Shelbyville will beat Clarksville and move on...and all will be right in the world.

Excuses. Still 2nd best in ur on region. ðŸ‘