Lawrence County got screwed

purple75gold

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this. There is no way anyone can justify that Shelbyville, our district runner up, get s rewarded with 2 home games while LCHS gets one and has to hope for an upset for a second. Lawrence County should have been rewarded by leaving themin their natural quadrant and Kenwood sent to quad 4. You cant tell me thqt Kenwood deserved to be rewarded with the home quadrant more so than LCHS based on .5 degrees. You and I both know that is a crock.

BUT, that is ok. LCHS has always fared well in quad 4 and this year will be no different. If you think any team in quad 4 is ready to face that rushing attack, ball control offense on the roll they are on you might be delusional. For the past three weeks I have seen every playoff scenario listing LCHS as district runner up and not a single one as a district winner until they actually won it. Just keep on underestimating this team. Just ask Hardin County!!!!!! 

"Home Quadrant " What is that? There are no quadrants until  the qualifying 32 teams are geographically divided. Using your way of thinking,Henry County as winner in District 10 should have been the 2 seed in quad 3.but ,due to geography, we have been in Quad 4 for years come playoff time.. The only way that Henry and Lawrence Counties could have "legally" escaped that fate was for more teams from Districts 13-16 to qualify.( Dyer County, Kingsbury,Kirby, Wooddale,Hamilton and Memphis Overton ).

P.S. It is .05 degrees which at our latitudes is somewhere around 2 to 21/2 miles.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

I'm glad we have a bunch of geography majors in this forum. Lawrence County should have been placed in the middle Tennessee quadrant. I understand the .05 degrees garbage but it is just that, .05 degrees. They won their district and earned an easier road than Shelbyville who was the district runner up. Everyone in here knows that quadrant 4 is going to be tough with all of the Memphis teams. That is a very athletic area with a lot of good teams. A district champion should not have to work harder than a district runner up based on .05 degrees.

I'm glad we have a bunch of geography majors in this forum. Lawrence County should have been placed in the middle Tennessee quadrant. I understand the .05 degrees garbage but it is just that, .05 degrees. They won their district and earned an easier road than Shelbyville who was the district runner up. Everyone in here knows that quadrant 4 is going to be tough with all of the Memphis teams. That is a very athletic area with a lot of good teams. A district champion should not have to work harder than a district runner up based on .05 degrees.

You do realize that all the 'Memphis' teams are in the top part of the bracket of quad 4. Lawrence Co will need to win against Millington and either HC or Munford, before they play the Memphis teams - unless you are calling Millington and Munford 'Memphis' teams.

It would not have been a cakewalk in quad 3 either. Just play who is in front of you.

BigRed, it amazes me every year (but especially this year) how much trouble some people have understanding this really very simple principle. NO one got. screwed this year!! The eight most westerly of the 32 qualified teams ended up in Quadrant 4 just as they were supposed to be placed.Lawrenceburg High School,s longitude is 87.3158 degrees West :Kenwood High School, the most western of the qualified Clarksviille schools is 87.2618 degrees West.. This means that Lawrenceburg  is 0.05 degree more west than Kenwood.

GOP BIG RED

The only problem with this statement is: The TSSAA did just the opposite last year! Kenwood went to Quad 4 and Lawrence County went to Quad 3. No consistency whatsoever.

Per TSSAA handbook: After the 32 teams have qualified for the playoffs they will be geographically grouped into four eight-team quads. This grouping will be done without regard to district/region alignments.

So they are not supposed to look to see who won this district or who came in 2nd - when 
placing them in quads - its strictly geographically.Then once they are in quads the district winners get seeded first then runner up.

The only problem with this statement is: The TSSAA did just the opposite last year! Kenwood went to Quad 4 and Lawrence County went to Quad 3. Geography last year different from this year? No consistency whatsoever.

The only problem with this statement is: The TSSAA did just the opposite last year! Kenwood went to Quad 4 and Lawrence County went to Quad 3. No consistency whatsoever

Henry County was the 1 seed last year, Kenwood was closest to them, so they went quad 4.  This year, Ridgeway is the 1 seed, Lawrence County is closest to them, so they went quad 4.  Seems consistent to me.

Henry County was the 1 seed last year, Kenwood was closest to them, so they went quad 4.  This year, Ridgeway is the 1 seed, Lawrence County is closest to them, so they went quad 4.  Seems consistent to me.

It has nothing to do with who is the #1 seed. It is supposed to be based on geography and latitude/longitude. This comes down to Kenwood and Lawrence County completely. It has zero to do with anyone else in either Quad. Last year, one way and this year, another way. Why last year Kenwood was further west than Lawrence County and this year they are not...is beyond me and my pay grade! Inconsistency is obvious, but it is the TSSAA.