Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

The old folks at the Hardee's breakfast club must have Alzheimer's because Carr's record was 21-30 while Mantooth's was 26-30. And the reason Mantooth has 5 of those loses is because he took his team to the playoffs every year he was there and Carr did only once. If you only look at the regular season Mantooth was 25-25 while Carr was 21-29

So basically you two are debating whether having a marginal .500 or sub .500 record is good?  Whomever gets the head coaching job needs to take charge of the program. Even if he doesn't get to hand pick his assistants, he still responsible for how his team plays. If his staff can't teach the basics, then he should until they get it. Using the good-olé-boy excuse, is no excuse... and I know it happens, but just get back to fundamental football and quit debating a .500 record.

So basically you two are debating whether having a marginal .500 or sub .500 record is good? Whomever gets the head coaching job needs to take charge of the program. Even if he doesn't get to hand pick his assistants, he still responsible for how his team plays. If his staff can't teach the basics, then he should until they get it. Using the good-olé-boy excuse, is no excuse... and I know it happens, but just get back to fundamental football and quit debating a .500 record.

I'm not "debating" which is best I was just saying a true statement. I played for both of them. Mantooth as head coach and Carr as linebackers coach and liked both of them. Mantooth may not have won a championship but he has had the best season record since the 90's at FC. He knows football and he will make a good decision whoever it is he picks.