Round 2: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

Yes. I expect the winner of this quad to be playing for the state title. Murderers row. RW seems to be coming together as one unit at the right time. Lits of different kids making plays on both sides of the ball. Early in the season I couldn't say that. Just hope they don't have a let down coming off two big wins. We don't care much for the private schools.

We shall see about that. Rock wood beat a way below average Boyd team this year and you were lucky to not be down 28-10 after a pick six was called back on a questionable call. Sometimes it takes luck though, but I still look for GCA to get out of quad one.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your right Truth.....GCA will have earned it.  All the teams in this quad are good.  No one has an easy road.  It is just a gauntlet and Marion Co. will be facing a bruised and battled team.  You can make whatever implication you want of Boyd's football team, all I know is they scheduled so as to make their team battle tested going into the playoffs.  When they got there, they got beat.....which doesn't make Rockwood any less of a team.  I see it more as a team that pushed through against a quality opponent.  IMO they all are.

Kazam

Guest Fall101

We shall see about that. Rock wood beat a way below average Boyd team this year and you were lucky to not be down 28-10 after a pick six was called back on a questionable call. Sometimes it takes luck though, but I still look for GCA to get out of quad one.

This may be the toughest quad I have ever seen! Anybody can beat anybody. As far as GCA makin it out alive, I know they are a great team and well coached. I just feel GCA havin to go to Hampton may be the reason they don't make it out alive. Hampton is very good and playin at home gives them the advantage and I think that's what will get them over the top!

If your right Truth.....GCA will have earned it. All the teams in this quad are good. No one has an easy road. It is just a gauntlet and Marion Co. will be facing a bruised and battled team. You can make whatever implication you want of Boyd's football team, all I know is they scheduled so as to make their team battle tested going into the playoffs. When they got there, they got beat.....which doesn't make Rockwood any less of a team. I see it more as a team that pushed through against a quality opponent. IMO they all are.

Kazam

I agree wholeheartedly....quad one has really good teams in it and rockwood is making the plays that they have to to win. Doesn't matter who they play, I was just saying that Boyd isn't normal Boyd, and they will tell you that. They did schedule up that's for sure. I'm not sure mc will make the semis. Jackson co seems to think they have a great shot to beat us this week so we will see. Trousdale won't be a walk in the park either for sure. If we are fourtunate enough to make it we will be battered and bruised as well. Everyone will be after 12+ weeks of football. I haven't seen any of those quad one teams play, just making a guess on who makes it. Oneida has a great defense but I just see GCA being used to being there, kinda like trousdale. Until we get beat though, the road to the state runs through Marion though. Good luck to all!!

I agree wholeheartedly....quad one has really good teams in it and rockwood is making the plays that they have to to win. Doesn't matter who they play, I was just saying that Boyd isn't normal Boyd, and they will tell you that. They did schedule up that's for sure. I'm not sure mc will make the semis. Jackson co seems to think they have a great shot to beat us this week so we will see. Trousdale won't be a walk in the park either for sure. If we are fourtunate enough to make it we will be battered and bruised as well. Everyone will be after 12+ weeks of football. I haven't seen any of those quad one teams play, just making a guess on who makes it. Oneida has a great defense but I just see GCA being used to being there, kinda like trousdale. Until we get beat though, the road to the state runs through Marion though. Good luck to all!!

Quad 1 had 6 quality teams and none were standout favorites, quad 2 has 2 standouts and the survivor will be the favorite over the quad 1 winner.

Everything seems to be gearing up.  Not sure if we have signed the contract with the Goodyear Blimp yet, but who cares about formalities, right?  There will be a fan/coaches teleconference at the Hairy Dog Cafe around noon, if any of the coaches leave the "Bunker" they might attend.  If not Kaz will just have to do the Q and A.  Have you ever heard the rev of a 405 with a booster?  That what it getting ready to sound like on Friday.....looking forward to the 12th warriors to be out in force.  Did someone take the key to the padded cell......I can't seem to get this door open? 

Kazaloogie

Defense wins championships. I'll be really surprised if both teams combine for more than 28 points again. I expect it to be much like the first game. Saw a poll on CoachT

this morning. Oneida defense is ranked 2nd in the state in all classes. Giving up only 5.6 pts over game. Impressive. Gonna be a tough game for us. Wish you guys the best. Good clean injury-free ballgame

We would like to hold on to that ranking too.  It would mean we have a chance right up to the final second.  If your still within a one possession game.....your still in it.  There is a cold front moving in (duh!!) so wrap up tight and get you some handwarmers.  Ka-Pow.....!  We are getting there.....slowly but surely.

kazanoogie

Guest Fall101

We would like to hold on to that ranking too. It would mean we have a chance right up to the final second. If your still within a one possession game.....your still in it. There is a cold front moving in (duh!!) so wrap up tight and get you some handwarmers. Ka-Pow.....! We are getting there.....slowly but surely.

kazanoogie

Hopefully this cold won't keep people from comin cause we need that home field advantage. Oneida fans are usually there loud and proud. So I don't worry much about Oneida stands not bein packed!!