Round 2: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.....never played in the preseason or the first two games.  Kid is about 6'2" and about 245/250.  He balances our DL out very will with him on one side and #78 on the other....you have to run towards one of them.  They are solid pass rushers, but the exceptional run stuffers.  I think our Defense is just so much harder to play against with this kid in line-up.  Most points given up all year was the 14 Rockwood got in the first game.  I could bet a large wager that our secondary won't let Long get behind them in this game.  Theu seem to have matured very well and they will be schooled on coverages all week. 

Kazoo

Nope.....never played in the preseason or the first two games. Kid is about 6'2" and about 245/250. He balances our DL out very will with him on one side and #78 on the other....you have to run towards one of them. They are solid pass rushers, but the exceptional run stuffers. I think our Defense is just so much harder to play against with this kid in line-up. Most points given up all year was the 14 Rockwood got in the first game. I could bet a large wager that our secondary won't let Long get behind them in this game. Theu seem to have matured very well and they will be schooled on coverages all week.

Kazoo

He's fast and hard to get ahold of but doesn't want to run over anyone.

Wich one?

#6. He runs like a scat back instead of a bruiser.

Not an insult just an observation. He's very good he just doesn't seem in a hurry to run anyone over. For example, several times he reversed his direction when he should have lowered his shoulder and got 2-3 yards.

Edit. I went back and looked, I quoted the wrong post. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by orangeslice13

6 is a scat back in my opinion a natural playmaker sees a little seam and he's going to take it. A couple kids from GCA found out he will run through a defender though.

We've been through a lot together, but I disagree with that one. He never ran through a GCA kid on his 7 carries. I have the film and I've watched it 3 times. He might be "capable" of running through a defender, but it didn't happen against us. We were willing to lay down and let 6, or any other Tiger run around us that night. Just wanted to make sure the record was straight on how 6 runs.

We've been through a lot together, but I disagree with that one. He never ran through a GCA kid on his 7 carries. I have the film and I've watched it 3 times. He might be "capable" of running through a defender, but it didn't happen against us. We were willing to lay down and let 6, or any other Tiger run around us that night. Just wanted to make sure the record was straight on how 6 runs.

4th qtr 6 ran through 11 on the long run he could have stepped out but lowered his shoulder and got the extra yard.6 is a finesse runner and that is complimentary to 1 and 32 running styles no hard feelings pride

4th qtr 6 ran through 11 on the long run he could have stepped out but lowered his shoulder and got the extra yard.6 is a finesse runner and that is complimentary to 1 and 32 running styles no hard feelings pride

No hard feelings at all. I'll go back and look at it. If he did lower his shoulder on #11 and get an extra yard, that isn't saying much. I don't think 11 is one of our more physical players. 6 isn't a back that wants contact, he's 165lbs soaking wet. He's your new toy, but he needs space, not contact.

Edited by gcapride