Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

I too am looking forward to the atmosphere that I hear Whitehaven has. Memphis Central band was a treat to watch and from what I have heard...Whitehavens band is even better. I plan on making this trip to see a good game with a good band and even better atmosphere! I hope it isnt a barn burner (not that I think it will be). Good luck to both teams. May everyone stay safe in their travels to Memphis.

Hilarious.... well Alrite then pops!!! Be ready to "get down"....lol... our kids know how to put on a show. I most definitely will be lookin across the field to see if anyone over there is dancing. .........no doubt redswarm. A lot of things have been said about us but that's one thing I've never heard. People from E.Tn have always been concerned that we live in a rough area. If that's the case, then how can we put a team on the field that would be afraid to get hit??? Not logical if you ask me. But as always, we will welcome those that come and hope you enjoy yourselves and the atmosphere at Whitehaven. Although our plan is a decisive win!!;)

I have just been jacking with you guys. I live in Memphis. Whitehaven is an elite program with great athletes. They are a hard draw for anyone. I was just getting Senator fired up.

My point is that it is hard to say who will beat who any given night, much less who has the best player in a position when you only go to one teams games.

Just like all you Whitehaven fans got all offended when you had your heart questioned, other teams do not deserve to be called fraudulent.

Let's just encourage our kids and work at making better men.

I know for a fact the Whithaven program is making a difference in the lives of young men in their community. Good luck

Edited by Fan41

Whitehaven is a tough place to go get a win.

As far as their fans and atmosphere; it doenst get any better. First class! I know when Mt Juliet played there two years ago in the semi's our experience was great. The fans know their football and love their Tigers and are very friendly and respectful. Some of the nicest and most complimentary fans I have been around. Not to mention the food is great.

I will have to say that was one of the best games I have ever seen.

Edited by BKisler

I have enjoyed the banter on this thread. I am a Rossview parent. Our school won its first playoff game ever last week so its an honor to be on the same field as such a storied team as Whitehaven. Its hard to understand how the playoff system designed a school from Clarksville with 1400 students is the right match up with a Memphis high school with 2000 students. Its also hard to understand how a country that seemly is so committed to diversity allows a city school system where 100% of the student populace is one race as it is at Whitehaven.

Nevertheless those are the cards that are dealt so onto the commentary. I agree with many of the comments on the board that mention that Whitehaven will have superior lines. As noted in our game with Memphis Central (same demographic comments as above) that was the case last week as well. Our team this year probably is slightly less talented than our team last year, but as our coach noted in local paper, we have a better team anyway. Additionally, for our three losses this year, we lost our first and second string QB's, the first string QB likely an all district if not an all state candidate.

However, our coaching staff has done perhaps the best job I have witnessed since I played at CHS back in the early 70's. They have rebuilt, re-motivated, changed about and generally put the best team on the field. With the exception of the last quarter of our Henry County game, in which the team just letdown, having led the entire game, I am seen some mighty good football from this team. In fact, the beat down of Springfield and Clarksville High School, two teams of similar size and demographics was just short of amazing, especially considering both of them are playoff teams and Springfield especially is a darn good team. (beat Hillsboro please)

I could be wrong and you never know until you play the game, but if Rossview brings their best effort, then I expect the folks from Rossview will be again working on charter buses and hotels to Memphis next week.

One more thing, I do agree with some on here that if Rossview does have to play in the big boy league of 6A, (like Henry County in 5 A of past years), I am glad its through Memphis because it is quite true that mid state and east state football is just better, just facts, no disrespect meant or intended. Like I said earlier, we are happy to be on the same field as mighty Whitehaven.

Strap in on....

Edited by Kidover

Hilarious.... well Alrite then pops!!! Be ready to "get down"....lol... our kids know how to put on a show. I most definitely will be lookin across the field to see if anyone over there is dancing. .........no doubt redswarm. A lot of things have been said about us but that's one thing I've never heard. People from E.Tn have always been concerned that we live in a rough area. If that's the case, then how can we put a team on the field that would be afraid to get hit??? Not logical if you ask me. But as always, we will welcome those that come and hope you enjoy yourselves and the atmosphere at Whitehaven. Although our plan is a decisive win!! ;)

Hey Coach. Really looking forward to our trip Friday. Sounds like a great place to play. I think both teams will be motivated for a great game! Of course, we plan to sneak out a win ourselves! ( put that smiley face here since I don't know how to do it)

Edited by poppop