Rossview vs Whitehaven

dannyq

unfortunately I used to and I'm still proud of where I came from and where I'm at now. Quit making excuses and get it together...

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the WH school, area, stadium and overall atmosphere and very good football team. Also not making excuses, just stating facts.

As I noted before, best to WH and all the remaining teams, especially when they leave Memphis

Actually, I was pleasantly surprised by the WH school, area, stadium and overall atmosphere and very good football team. Also not making excuses, just stating facts.

As I noted before, best to WH and all the remaining teams, especially when they leave Memphis

I'm glad we exceeded your low expectations but the facts are that a well coached and disciplined team would not let the band affect the game.

Dear Kevin38,

What I stated was factual, if you go back and read you will see that. Regardless of what anyone opines or laughs, facts remain.

A band playing loudly when opposite team is calling snaps is classless. It is illegal at the college level and other state's high school level. As another said, I wouldn't want my child taught that way, but as even another said, it's their way and a few others as well.

Facts remain facts regardless what another opines.

Gallatin's band played while we had the ball DURING THE WHOLE GAME in the first round of the  playoffs.  I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me.  I was concentrating on the game as I imagine the players were.  I would think this is a moot point BUT to each his own

That's not entirely true but it is if you are talking about Maryville and Alcoa. What people in Middle and West TN don't realize is Maryville and Alcoa would be just as dominant in any other part of the state.. Period... If you switch maryville and whitehaven maryville wins that district and goes undefeated just about every year like they do right now. And Alcoa runs roughshod through every 3A team they step on the field with so there's no need to provide an explanation for them. Other than those two you have Knoxville West and Fulton who are very dominant right now.. But they haven't been that way for long.. Both of those schools are having great runs right now but after this year they will both come back to earth more than likely. And before Fulton was top dog in 4A Greeneville (another east Tn team) won back to back 4A titles. And if you look at all the other schools in the area, they have all been up and down... Just to give a few examples... Farragut and Bearden are two football programs that are usually good but have fallen on rough times... William Blount fielded respectable to good teams from 1997-2007 finishing .500 or better and made the playoffs alot of those years (except for 2004 when they finished 3-7) but since 2007 we have finished below .500 every year. All the teams in the area have been up and down except maryville and alcoa, they are the exceptions to the rule. And if it weren't for maryville and alcoa some other East Tn teams might have won titles since 2000.

Edited by Havengrad04

Starting to see why nobody in district 10 likes Rossview?

Well, not everyone from Rossview is a sore loser. Enjoyed our trip to Memphis and the experience at Whitehaven. I told a couple of their fans they better win out and make us look good.

We'll be back next year but as 5A, Probably will work out better for us. 

As far as the band goes, It didn't affect the game, so who cares. We knew they did this going in and were prepared. Personally, It would have been ok with me to hear Aerosmith blasting " Walk this Way" the whole game. Guess I'm showing my age..............

Gallatin's band played while we had the ball DURING THE WHOLE GAME in the first round of the playoffs. I didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me. I was concentrating on the game as I imagine the players were. I would think this is a moot point BUT to each his own

Neither did I until the same person pointed it out to me. Funny then Springfield's band did the same thing and the guy says serves them right. Really really dumb....just play ball!!