Beech vs Shelbyville.

BURebels

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, talk about off topic. Not much history for Shelbyville. Best thing that could of happened to them was losing to Lawrence County in Week 10. They ran off several wins in a row this season and last heading into the post season. Unfortunately they won their games by an average of 35 so they didn't know how to respond when Gallatin put a couple of scores up. This year, the loss to Lawrence County and the really close wins against Columbia and Tullahoma will provide the experience necessary to weather a possible bad start.

I like Shelbyville with an experienced squad (same skill players as last year) to move on and beat Beech. Keep in mind Shelbyville's biggest play makers are only juniors.

Winner of this game has no chance against Hillsboro however.

I typically agree with the majority of your posts, however I believe this one is way off track. A couple if things, have you seen Beech play? Or Hillsboro? Beech has a lot of talent, but have had trouble coming together and playing complete games at times and being up and down from week to week. That said, Herve played well there last few games and I expect the same this week. BTW, the majority of their playmakers are underclassmen as well. Hillsboro isn't as good as what the scores show. They certainly have athletes, but a disciplined and controlled power running game will give them fits, IMO. Offensively, they make big plays, but have trouble putting sustained drives together. That is a recipe for disaster, besides I believe they will have their hands full this week with Springfield.

Again, I'll take Beech in a close one. They played a tough schedule, one I believe shelbyville would have struggled with.

Shelbyville isn't big or super fast but they execute. They don't beat themselves.QB is excellent and they spread you out with a controlled passing game. Need to keep their offense off the field with the Beech running game and dominate time of possession.

Good luck Bucs !

I agree with this assessment.  If Beech can control time of possession, they should win.  My guess is the Bucs will see 8, 9, 10 in the box, so they will have to be able to throw the ball some (like against Hendersonville).

I agree with this assessment.  If Beech can control time of possession, they should win.  My guess is the Bucs will see 8, 9, 10 in the box, so they will have to be able to throw the ball some (like against Hendersonville).

Beech has seen 8,9,10 in the box all year. Shelbyville is alot of the same Beech has seen from most. This will be a good game. Shelbyville is explosive, can score points and create turnovers. Their Quarterback is dangerous not only with his arm but also his feet. They can run and catch.

Beech can run the ball. Passing game is suspect but dangerous at times. Beech I believe is bigger in the trenches. They have good Seconday speed and play with passion. Both teams seem to be fairly healthy and both believe they can win and that is a recipe for a great matchup.

Advantage

Quarterback - Shelbyville

Runnungbacks - Beech

Receivers - Shelbyville

Offensive Line - Beech

Defensive Line - Beech

Linebackers - Beech

Secondary - Even

Kicking Game - Beech

Kick Return Game - Shelbyville

Home Field Advantage - Shelbyville

Pretty Evenly Matched - Gonna be a good one

Edited by Director

Wow, talk about off topic. Not much history for Shelbyville. Best thing that could of happened to them was losing to Lawrence County in Week 10. They ran off several wins in a row this season and last heading into the post season. Unfortunately they won their games by an average of 35 so they didn't know how to respond when Gallatin put a couple of scores up. This year, the loss to Lawrence County and the really close wins against Columbia and Tullahoma will provide the experience necessary to weather a possible bad start.

I like Shelbyville with an experienced squad (same skill players as last year) to move on and beat Beech. Keep in mind Shelbyville's biggest play makers are only juniors.

Winner of this game has no chance against Hillsboro however.

Did Hillsboro beat Springfield last night or this morning.....lol

Beech has seen 8,9,10 in the box all year. Shelbyville is alot of the same Beech has seen from most. This will be a good game. Shelbyville is explosive, can score points and create turnovers. Their Quarterback is dangerous not only with his arm but also his feet. They can run and catch.

Beech can run the ball. Passing game is suspect but dangerous at times. Beech I believe is bigger in the trenches. They have good Seconday speed and play with passion. Both teams seem to be fairly healthy and both believe they can win and that is a recipe for a great matchup.

Advantage

Quarterback - Shelbyville

Runnungbacks - Beech

Receivers - Shelbyville

Offensive Line - Beech

Defensive Line - Beech

Linebackers - Beech

Secondary - Even

Kicking Game - Beech

Kick Return Game - Shelbyville

Home Field Advantage - Shelbyville

Pretty Evenly Matched - Gonna be a good one

You give beech the advantage for runningbacks and linebackers but Shelbyville's runningback Michael Eddings has more yards than beech's... And Michael Imes at middle linebacker for Shelbyville was preseason all state and has more tackles than anyone on beech.

You give beech the advantage for runningbacks and linebackers but Shelbyville's runningback Michael Eddings has more yards than beech's... And Michael Imes at middle linebacker for Shelbyville was preseason all state and has more tackles than anyone on beech.

JJ, I look at it as a group, Take nothing away from those players. They are good and Beech will have a tough time with them.