DISTRICT 3AAA 2014-15 PREDICTIONS.

CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang what got into Halls tonight? Somebody pi** in their cheerios? They came to OR and about rolled out with a win. Not what I expected. What happened? Did Halls get some players back that had been out or did they just outplay us or did the refs help? Did OR have a bad night? Did we underestimate them because of their record?? I wasn't there, so just trying to figure out why this game was so close. I have to keep reminding myself even though we are very talented this group this year is very young and inexperienced. Would be fooling ourselves if we didn't think losing those great seniors we had last year wouldn't hurt a lot. Right now we aren't playing very good it doesn't seem. Neil? Parfive? Thoughts?

Edited by SweetScience

I was at the Farragut / HV game so I didn't get to see it.  My kids went though, they said that the refs called lots of charging fouls.  I didn't see the game,but some of the officials around here will call charges on guys standing underneath the basket.  But, until I see the replay it could be we just didn't adapt to their defense.  I understand Moore had a huge game for them and was pretty much unstoppable.  Our weakness that I saw the other night is that we don't shoot that well.  Until we finish more consistently, we will drop some games to some teams that take care of the ball.  

I was at the Farragut / HV game so I didn't get to see it.  My kids went though, they said that the refs called lots of charging fouls.  I didn't see the game,but some of the officials around here will call charges on guys standing underneath the basket.  But, until I see the replay it could be we just didn't adapt to their defense.  I understand Moore had a huge game for them and was pretty much unstoppable.  Our weakness that I saw the other night is that we don't shoot that well.  Until we finish more consistently, we will drop some games to some teams that take care of the ball.  

Yeah we miss Henderson right now. Could drive and knock down that 3 with the best of them. Was one of the top players in this area last year. We have a lot of Sophs and we are going to take a little bit of growing pains this year, but the next two years after that we will be back up to speed. Just a lot of inexperience out there no matter how talented. You can't replace experience.

I wouldn't panic.  There is a big upside to this team.  A big part of it is the age.  We play a lot of sophomores.  When we run into a senior laden team, it will be difficult to match up.  I thought we played pretty well against Powell, especially in the 3rd quarter.  There will be ups and downs. One guarantee, we won't go into January undefeated, but we will be much better than we are now.

I wouldn't panic.  There is a big upside to this team.  A big part of it is the age.  We play a lot of sophomores.  When we run into a senior laden team, it will be difficult to match up.  I thought we played pretty well against Powell, especially in the 3rd quarter.  There will be ups and downs. One guarantee, we won't go into January undefeated, but we will be much better than we are now.

Yeah that's the exact line of thinking I have. Agree 100%

Got a huge test coming up against DB @ DB. We win that one and I'll be real surprised. Not to mention Science Hill the day before lol....Heck, we better get ready to play a tough CC and AC teams coming up too. They both could beat us if we don't play really well. I also just realized that was our 3rd game in 4 days tonight too. Credit to Halls. They played a heck of a game tonight from the sounds of it. Par, how many did Moore end up with?

Edited by SweetScience