DISTRICT 3AAA 2014-15 PREDICTIONS.

CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang what got into Halls tonight? Somebody pi** in their cheerios? They came to OR and about rolled out with a win. Not what I expected. What happened? Did Halls get some players back that had been out or did they just outplay us or did the refs help? Did OR have a bad night? Did we underestimate them because of their record?? I wasn't there, so just trying to figure out why this game was so close. I have to keep reminding myself even though we are very talented this group this year is very young and inexperienced. Would be fooling ourselves if we didn't think losing those great seniors we had last year wouldn't hurt a lot. Right now we aren't playing very good it doesn't seem. Neil? Parfive? Thoughts?

I'll try to answer, although I'm no expert (just a grandma lol).  Actually Oak Ridge played well EXCEPT for missing quite a few layups that almost went in, but didn't, and foul shooting was mediocre.  Defense and ball handling was really good.  One kid on Halls made nearly all the points and hardly ever missed, and he shot a lot of 3's.  Last but not least, the officiating was horrible.  Everything OR did was a foul.  Several times fouls were called (against OR) with virtually no contact.  However, if OR had made all the layups and close shots they missed, they would have won by double digits. 

I don't mean that as a criticism to the players - everybody misses shots -  but tonight they probably missed more than they normally do.

Edited by cwp76

I'll try to answer, although I'm no expert (just a grandma lol).  Actually Oak Ridge played well EXCEPT for missing quite a few layups that almost went in, but didn't, and foul shooting was mediocre.  Defense and ball handling was really good.  One kid on Halls made nearly all the points and hardly ever missed, and he shot a lot of 3's.  Last but not least, the officiating was horrible.  Everything OR did was a foul.  One time that same Halls player tripped and fell, and they called a foul on the OR player who was close by. Several times fouls were called (against OR) with virtually no contact.  However, if OR had made all the layups and close shots they missed, they would have won by double digits. 

Thanks. Sounds about how it went by what else I have heard. Heard Braxton looked like his big brother Stetson tonight. Our radio guy said if he had of shot them from half court they probably would've went in lol His brother was famous for making crazy shots like that.

He was a heck of a player.  I think he DID shoot one from nearly half court, and it did go in lol.  My grandson and I were guessing he is a junior or senior.  Just out of curiosity, I looked at their team record, and the team had 2 losses by one point, and tonight's loss by 2 points, so they've had some bad luck with the close games.

Oak Ridge has a lot of talent, imo.  They just need a little shooting practice, and I'm sure the football players are still catching up.  If the big guy, Middleton, gets rolling he will be unstoppable.

I'll try to answer, although I'm no expert (just a grandma lol).  Actually Oak Ridge played well EXCEPT for missing quite a few layups that almost went in, but didn't, and foul shooting was mediocre.  Defense and ball handling was really good.  One kid on Halls made nearly all the points and hardly ever missed, and he shot a lot of 3's.  Last but not least, the officiating was horrible.  Everything OR did was a foul.  Several times fouls were called (against OR) with virtually no contact.  However, if OR had made all the layups and close shots they missed, they would have won by double digits. 

I don't mean that as a criticism to the players - everybody misses shots -  but tonight they probably missed more than they normally do.

Well it couldn't have been worse than the officiating at Gibbs last night. And this is from the winning teams fan. Just awful both ways. Calling stuff they honestly could not see. Like two double dribbles that they were behind the play and the ball gets slapped and call DD. Fouled Toress and Gillenwater out with 3 minutes to go, had three others with 4 fouls. Same with Gibbs.

I don't get how a kid can go hard to the basket and knock a kid crazy and it's a no call. Then, 40 ft from basket they call a hand check? If somebody falls, it's a foul somewhere!!!

Back to the game. Big win for CC. Gibbs is a good team that can really shoot it. They had 14 threes. But they missed a lot of foul shots. They kept trying to press CC for some reason and Toress almost single handedly fouled all their guards out. #24 for them was on fire from three early. He's there big kid. I'll take it, but it was tough to watch.

I wish there was some kind of way to weed out the bad refs, because frankly I think some of them just don't really care if they do a good job.  At my grandson's middle school game recently we had a ref who called "walking" constantly.....but at least he called it constantly on both sides lol.  I can live with that, if a ref is consistent.

Looks like we play you guys next Friday....should be a really good game!  Hopefully the game will be decided by the players and not the refs! 

Focusing on the refs in our league is silly. They are all medicore at best if not flat out bad. It pays really well if you'd like to join up. A lot of the refs are getting moved up too quickly instead of honing their craft in JV due to the desperate need for refs right now. It's really too bad, but nothing can or will be done about it. 

Focusing on the refs in our league is silly. They are all medicore at best if not flat out bad. It pays really well if you'd like to join up. A lot of the refs are getting moved up too quickly instead of honing their craft in JV due to the desperate need for refs right now. It's really too bad, but nothing can or will be done about it.

Glad to see AC beat karns chill. Is karns a contender or can us lower teir teams beat them this year?

As for the refs. We could start another thread on the incompetent boobs we have.

My question is, why do we have two different associations working in the same district? I feel like district 3AAA should have the same refs at home as they do away. But that's not the case. U go to Powell, karns, Gibbs, u get Knox south guys. Everywhere else u get Knox ridge. Also, if the tourney is held at one of these places they have an unfair advantage because of seeing them so much.

Make sense? Or just pissing in the wind?

Glad to see AC beat karns chill. Is karns a contender or can us lower teir teams beat them this year?

As for the refs. We could start another thread on the incompetent boobs we have.

My question is, why do we have two different associations working in the same district? I feel like district 3AAA should have the same refs at home as they do away. But that's not the case. U go to Powell, karns, Gibbs, u get Knox south guys. Everywhere else u get Knox ridge. Also, if the tourney is held at one of these places they have an unfair advantage because of seeing them so much.

Make sense? Or just pissing in the wind?

The ref associations are done geographically not by district alignments. Some teams on the bubble like halls central fulton etc can ask to switch. For the knox ridge association they lost 16 officials from last year. The were forced to move guys up and the scary part is not many new ones are wanting to become officials. Especially with some of the new requirements that have been put on them the last 2 years.

For the games. I went to Powell and Clinton last night. It was a very good game despite Clinton went on a dry spell in the 2nd and 4th quarter where they just missed a lot of open looks. Powell has a big boy that will be a nightmare match up for everyone. He can extend a post and drain some 3s or he can post you up and go to pounding.

I think besides Oak Ridge at top and Central at bottom this district will be wide open.

The ref associations are done geographically not by district alignments. Some teams on the bubble like halls central fulton etc can ask to switch. For the knox ridge association they lost 16 officials from last year. The were forced to move guys up and the scary part is not many new ones are wanting to become officials. Especially with some of the new requirements that have been put on them the last 2 years.

For the games. I went to Powell and Clinton last night. It was a very good game despite Clinton went on a dry spell in the 2nd and 4th quarter where they just missed a lot of open looks. Powell has a big boy that will be a nightmare match up for everyone. He can extend a post and drain some 3s or he can post you up and go to pounding.

I think besides Oak Ridge at top and Central at bottom this district will be wide open.

That's prolly true on the district. I hope CC can keep it up. Couple seniors on their team are tough match ups and the freshman and sophs are playing pretty good early.

The Hamilton kid from Powell will give everyone fits this season. I really like his game. As for Clinton? They've got a couple nice players. Lock arid will have them playing well soon.