New Classification Like or NOT

Reilavac1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alt,

You also have to remember that Bradley Central was terrible back then, no offense. So that may have been a big part of the reason you weren't seeing crowds at Bradley games. But ya'll are competitive now and teams that are winning will always attract bigger crowds.

good point

No offense taken since it was the truth. Bradley was pretty bad, but the same deal was there. Our gate was larger in the lean years playing the natural rivals. They liked coming and watching us get killed. LOL ^_^

Edited by alt1958

Well Farragut and Heritage don't have good fan support. But Maryville, Bearden, William Blount, Dobyns Bennett,and Science Hill do. You are still going to see games with good gates. Plus you guys will prolly keep a few local teams for non-conference games so you will get good gates at those games as well. I know WB is keeping Heritage and adding Alcoa on the schedule to off-set the travel expenses, both of those games will bring good gates. I think people are freaking out too soon... We need to wait and see how things play out. It may turn out that the new system works out for most schools. I personally think it will be better than most think it will.

It appears we will be able to keep Cleveland, Walker Valley and McMinn County. Those are three good games for crowds. I just know that listening to the coaches and AD's for Bradley, who really know, it is a concern.

Edited by alt1958

I was at the BCHS playoff game last week and it was not well attended by either school. BCHS brought about 200 plus a pep band and the SHHS side was not even half full. I'm sure that it was packed to the brim last night for the D-B game though. Travel will be by far the biggest issue for the teams in this region. By the way, I was told at their scheduling meeting on Thursday that they named it the 'Big East' Conference.

Congrats to SHHS for their beat down of D-B. Great facilities at SHHS and I'm sure that D-B has been improved theirs since I was last there for an Ooltewah playoff game.