Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

We beat Hampton by 1…touchdown. That one was 14-8 raven. But I get your merry go round comparison. Heck just look at the 6 quad teams in the regular season against each other & like opponents. A man would prolly have just as much accuracy picking this part of the bracket by flipping a coin.

After seeing this group come together and play with passion (after the RW game), I would say the two best teams made it to the title game of this quad. I wouldn't have said that after wk 10 (about us).

I expect someone will pull a third degree redneck at some point this week. Good chance me, pride, spike & wired will be involved in some combination. But come Friday meet me at the concession stand and drinks are on me :lol:

Nah, if I can hold it together for 50+ pages with pujo, this week should feel like a walk in the park.

Nah, if I can hold it together for 50+ pages with pujo, this week should feel like a walk in the park.

Oh ye of little faith. Seriously I'm ready to bury the GCA hatchet so if I do come across wrong remember the smiley dude rule. I prolly didn't mean it. Y'all are gonna be a steep hill but stranger things have happened.

Thanks Pride. To be honest, for a long time (since 2008), I have had a bad taste in my mouth for GCA and it actually stemmed from basketball, when we lost to GCA in the sub-state and later on GCA was found to have used two ineligible players. I really felt bad for the Hampton players because for the rest of their life they are always going to have to wonder... what if?, what it would have been like to play in Murfreesboro, etc.   BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID, I can honestly say that I now believe that you guys are trying to do things the right way. I know you now have a new athletic director and you guys are playing by the rules. I also appreciate how GCA acted in our thread this year. GCA posters were complimentary of Hampton and our players and it was refreshing to see.

Bottom line is we just don't have the resources and athletes to build a program like you have now, and this not GCA's fault. You guys are proud and should be proud of what you have accomplished. Knoxville though is wayyyyy bigger than Hampton. Heck we are just now getting our first red light LOL. Our total population in Hampton is only around 2500 people. I believe the competitive teams that we are able to field year after year is quite amazing and that is a credit to our coaching staff.

I believe this is my longest response on here ever but the bad taste has left my mouth. Again, good luck to Grace and all the teams left in the playoffs. GCA your run game was impressive last night. If teams can't figure out how to stop that, then the sky is the limit this year for you all.

You know, I like to read all the stuff on here and kind of look for an opening to throw my little pieces of trash-talk sarcasm in when given a chance; and on the other thread, I found plenty of opportunities and planned on throwing my smart aleck 2 cents in....but then I read this, which was probably the classiest post I've read about us in the 2years I've followed the T. So, thank you.

Guest Fall101

From SPIKE, on Oneida vs Rockwood Thread:

"I loved every second of it! Rockwood played hard and made us play hard, hats off to Rockwood team and fans! As for Oneida and Grace I believe we have something for them, they may be bigger but they don't play with as much heart or toughness as Oneida! I can't wait for this one! I promise you it will be smash mouth. GCA ain't ready for this Oneida D"

Just thought some GCA folks might miss this one. You know, if it was buried in the other thread...

Pride, I am kinda like you, I sometimes stick my foot in my mouth! Grace is a great team just as Oneida! I honestly didn't see you all goin to Hampton and winnin and especially winnin the way you did! I just can't wait to see what our team has for you all! I may calm down a little till Friday, but by Thursday night I'll be all jacked up again. It's gonna be a great game from start to finish. A little trash talk is fun Pride, but no matter the outcome I'll shake your hand like a man and take whatever happens!

Alright I'll try to get there early we gotta scout some local eats first!

Raven, I know this sounds crazy but if you like BBQ there's a guy with a ole ratty looking food truck that sets up on side of the road. It's really good if you like a sweet thin sauce, I like a more vinegar based sauce and I still like it. Joint looks a little sketchy but it's good stuff. Also got a couple of local mom-n-pops places that are really good. If you stay on Hwy 63 to Hwy 27 there's Fireside Restaurant near that intersection, on up Hwy 27 a little joint called RaeZach's that's always jumping even though it's out by itself for the most part, further North still there's Phillips' Drive-In, that joints been here since the early 50's so their doing something right and it's really close to the school still further North and still very close to the school is Preston's Steak House, throw in a couple of Chinese and a couple of Mexican joints and that's about all the local stuff we have. Of course there's the big chain fast foods but where's the fun in that. The local joints are just home cooking style, of course the steak house is self explanatory and Phillips' is the old school drive in food with burgers, pizza, corn dogs (dipped not boxed) you name it. If you need further guidance just holler at ole coach Brew, I'm sure he wouldn't steer ya wrong. Then of course there's always the tailgaters around the stadium, they may give ya a snack to.

Raven, I know this sounds crazy but if you like BBQ there's a guy with a ole ratty looking food truck that sets up on side of the road. It's really good if you like a sweet thin sauce, I like a more vinegar based sauce and I still like it. Joint looks a little sketchy but it's good stuff. Also got a couple of local mom-n-pops places that are really good. If you stay on Hwy 63 to Hwy 27 there's Fireside Restaurant near that intersection, on up Hwy 27 a little joint called RaeZach's that's always jumping even though it's out by itself for the most part, further North still there's Phillips' Drive-In, that joints been here since the early 50's so their doing something right and it's really close to the school still further North and still very close to the school is Preston's Steak House, throw in a couple of Chinese and a couple of Mexican joints and that's about all the local stuff we have. Of course there's the big chain fast foods but where's the fun in that. The local joints are just home cooking style, of course the steak house is self explanatory and Phillips' is the old school drive in food with burgers, pizza, corn dogs (dipped not boxed) you name it. If you need further guidance just holler at ole coach Brew, I'm sure he wouldn't steer ya wrong. Then of course there's always the tailgaters around the stadium, they may give ya a snack to.

I like drive ins! We will kick around these ideas and pick one friday. I doubt anyone other than you would give me a lick of food if I paid em for it ;). Don't wanma fraternize with the enemy!