Round 3: GCA @ Oneida

crow

Does oneida have a kicker who's any good?

Yeah he's pretty consistent from 40 in regardless of weather. Good dry field with decent temps probably could get 45. If we get to the 30 going in it'll be a consideration. 30-40 we'll just go on 4th usually. Behind the 50 we're punting. Have been known to punt on the plus side of the field if we're 4th & long and especially in a field position game (like the one coming up could very well be). Punter is a sophomore but generally hits it well. He's usually good for 35-40 in the air but if it's not caught his kicks usually roll well.

I'm alot more worried about our TEAM willingness to prepare from now until the start of next season. Training not only make you bigger,stronger and faster,it makes you mentally tough. Training is HARD and if you do enough of it ,it makes you hard. Its just like life, if you work and earn things,you'll do what it takes to see that you keep those things. We had seniors crying the other night and I'm not sure what they were crying about, they got what they earned, in life you can't expect more than you earn.I already know who the workers on next years team will be and we'll underachieve again because of a lack of team committment. People think Grace and the likes recruit and load up with talent, but thats really not the case at all. What they really get is a working class of kids from top to bottom. It's really the parents that make the difference. The only way we could ever achieve this type of work ethic is if we had the strength training in classes at school. But even at that we'd still get behind because of all the time we are outta school. We,ve got just what it takes to be pretty good,a few hard working kids,a litlle talent and good Coaching. But in the end ,we are what we are and I hate it with a passion, but I'll still try to instill in my kids the qualities it takes to be a good student, player and adult. He and a few others can try to make up for the slack kids and these same kids can pay taxes to keep the underachievers up when they go into life.

Yep...beating the same dead horse...I know the volunteer time, effort and cash put into making training more accessible here...Hasn't changed the attitude enough tho...Yea, they'll hit it hard for a lil, then take off A LOT...Don't really know much about motivating those without drive...I always motivate mine with a kick in the BUTT.

This is the thing I was trying to get pride to see last night...

Good luck oneida, beat grace, To the grace fan members on here I would like to say I think the coaching staff needs to look at team conduct cause from what I seen when you played meigs your players forgot the Christian aspect of your school I heard your players cussing like sailors using gd, m Fer, and other words an I was standing by the fence I know our players said things as well but of your a Christian school your players didn't show it, I should have wrote the post sooner but wasn't sure I wanted to at first

Good luck oneida, beat grace, To the grace fan members on here I would like to say I think the coaching staff needs to look at team conduct cause from what I seen when you played meigs your players forgot the Christian aspect of your school I heard your players cussing like sailors using gd, m Fer, and other words an I was standing by the fence I know our players said things as well but of your a Christian school your players didn't show it, I should have wrote the post sooner but wasn't sure I wanted to at first

Provide numbers and specific examples. Until then I don't buy it. Maybe they talked some trash but they are teenage boys! Christians arnt perfect and you playing that card really shows ignorance. Meigs has zero legs to stand on in this area. Your coach and your fans after the game were trying to stir things up. One threatened our athletic director and I had to step in between him and he almost left in cuffs. He was openly swearing and making a scene just because he was mad that the little Christian boys hit harder than yall thought. I really tried to remain calm during these posts last week but enough is enough. Move on and practice basketball.