Copper Basin @ Monterey QUARTERFINALS

BasinAlum

Well looks like this is the end of the road for us. Monterey is a good ball team very tough and relentless running attack. Good defense.. With that being said coalfield will make it to te state championship simply because they can spread Monterey out and pass the ball. Our offense hasn't been able to pass all year and most of the game Monterey literally and I do mean literally had 11 in the box. We couldn't do much of anything running then. So I will say if coalfield can pass block long enough for the qb to get it out of his hands they will win handley. Also as bad as I hate to say it I am pulling for coalfield. Monterey threw a pitch pass with like 3 to go up by 8 so go coalfield! Lol wish we could've made it to play y'all boys. That would've been a good heated contest! But goodluck to you boys!

Well looks like this is the end of the road for us. Monterey is a good ball team very tough and relentless running attack. Good defense.. With that being said coalfield will make it to te state championship simply because they can spread Monterey out and pass the ball. Our offense hasn't been able to pass all year and most of the game Monterey literally and I do mean literally had 11 in the box. We couldn't do much of anything running then. So I will say if coalfield can pass block long enough for the qb to get it out of his hands they will win handley. Also as bad as I hate to say it I am pulling for coalfield. Monterey threw a pitch pass with like 3 to go up by 8 so go coalfield! Lol wish we could've made it to play y'all boys. That would've been a good heated contest! But goodluck to you boys!

I knew the lack of a passing game would get us eventually

Monterey has a young coach in his first year as a head coach, and the team, "act like you've been there." may apply. But, they haven't been there.

They are excited, but the young coach has some learning to do if he's trying to run up the score.

But if they gave him a Gatorade bath when they beat us, I'm afraid of what they'll do now.