Henry County-Ridgeway Part 2

HCFan

Fun fact: The last team to beat Henry County twice in the same season was MBA back in 1995 (my junior year). They beat us in the regular season and then ended our playoff run in, you guessed it, the quarterfinals, to end our season at, you guessed it again, 10-3. Both games were close and very competitive. Here's to hoping history won't repeat itself Friday night in Memphis!

Go Big Red!!!

Fun fact: The last team to beat Henry County twice in the same season was MBA back in 1995 (my junior year). They beat us in the regular season and then ended our playoff run in, you guessed it, the quarterfinals, to end our season at, you guessed it again, 10-3. Both games were close and very competitive. Here's to hoping history won't repeat itself Friday night in Memphis!

Go Big Red!!!

MBA went on to lose to Clarksville NE right?; or maybe that was the next season, anyway, that was my junior year as well, we lost to Portland in the semis.....

MBA went on to lose to Clarksville NE right?; or maybe that was the next season, anyway, that was my junior year as well, we lost to Portland in the semis.....

Not entirely positive, but I think it was Brentwood Academy they lost to in the semis, who had just beaten Northeast in the quarters. But yeah, Northeast was loaded that year. That was the year that Travis Stephens really made himself known. In fact, they were our only other loss that year besides the two MBA games.

You have to respect a talented team like Ridgeway. With that being said....You have to respect a talented team like Henry County!!!! Coach Counce is a master mind at coming up with game plans and making adjustments against opponents, especially when we play them twice. Henry County wins this game in a hard fought, defensive battle. Game of the week!!!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

About what I figured.  RW's secondary is suspect, but their athleticism helps them cover some of that up.  Front 7 is big and mean, but it looks like Hardin County gave them trouble with reads.  RW struggles with gap integrity at times, but that's a product of their scheme.  HC's got to avoid letting them get angles on those counters with multiple pulling linemen.  Gotta get position and blow up the guard to either spill it or stop momentum.  Hardin County just simply didn't have the players there to do it.  

Line play will be key here, no question about it. The Patriots will come up with the correct scheme to make it happen, that I am confident in. If the execution is there, the points will come. On the Defensive side, we have to account for all their players on pass - like you said there will be yards gained, but a few good pops make a big difference! I know that last year in the qtr final game we lit up their tight ends pretty hard and they didn't want to catch the ball after that. Expecting a hard hitting, tough game. Ready to know where we are going to be playing - anybody heard anything yet?

Just got word that the game will now be held at Crump Stadium.

Go Big RED!!!

Edited by Drewcephus

Line play will be key here, no question about it. The Patriots will come up with the correct scheme to make it happen, that I am confident in. If the execution is there, the points will come. On the Defensive side, we have to account for all their players on pass - like you said there will be yards gained, but a few good pops make a big difference! I know that last year in the qtr final game we lit up their tight ends pretty hard and they didn't want to catch the ball after that. Expecting a hard hitting, tough game. Ready to know where we are going to be playing - anybody heard anything yet?

Just got word that the game will now be held at Crump Stadium.

Go Big RED!!!

It was announced on Facebook the game will be a Crump Stadium. The same field HC played 2012.