South Pittsburg 2015

Roy Dillard

Old Pirate says "The Captain" has the Pirate ship headed for smoother sailing. Interesting facts, SP has only 2 seniors left from a good group, 2 former Pirates starting for Jasper, good group of junior and sophomores set to provide future leadership and experience. "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery and smell never changes". The Pirates have relinquished the lead from time to time but have been the Lead Dogs for centuries!

thanks and glad you are back

I will agree with another poster in the thread.If SP handled McMinn County this early in Coach Griders return then by week 10 the Pirates will be a FORCE to recon with as usual.Things are sounding alot better in Pirate country..

"McMinn's first-string defense did not give up a single offensive score against the hosting Rams or against South Pittsburg."

Athens newspaper. Scrimmage results differ according to the eye of the beholder. 

"McMinn's first-string defense did not give up a single offensive score against the hosting Rams or against South Pittsburg."

Athens newspaper. Scrimmage results differ according to the eye of the beholder.

After reading the Athens article it seems like it was a defensive battle between Rams and Cherokees. South Pitt did well even though it may not have been against McMinn County's 1's...just tells me that a 5A school had a rough time against a 2A and 1A school.

Wish I could have been there so I could give version( lol).

After reading the Athens article it seems like it was a defensive battle between Rams and Cherokees. South Pitt did well even though it may not have been against McMinn County's 1's...just tells me that a 5A school had a rough time against a 2A and 1A school.

Wish I could have been there so I could give version( lol).

yes, we need a Ram version..who do you scrimmage next?

he was already nursing a hamstring was what I was told. It happened prior to pads and scrimmages. Running so fast might do that a time or two.

Let me ask you a question. I was talking to that man at Ronnies red eye earlier and he said that Ross man might have been spying to see if that Jones boy was going to be able to play so he could train his boys for him. You think im joking but im not.