State Semifinal:Alcoa at Notre Dame

BigDave1967

I imagine Trickers head exploding about now and he is so mad he can't respond.

IrishTrickster, on 21 Nov 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I didn't go to a private school,I went to public and then to Taft Juvenile Facility and then graduated from UTK with a BS/MS in Industrial Engineering. Wonder where your degree is from?????? I sacrificed and struggled to send my kids to school. Read my other post before you can pick on my grammar. Braniac! Did I spell that correctly?

I didn't go to a private school,I went to public and then to Taft Juvenile Facility and then graduated from UTK with a BS/MS in Industrial Engineering. Wonder where your degree is from?????? I sacrificed and struggled to send my kids to school. Read my other post before you can pick on my grammar. Braniac! Did I spell that correctly?

The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, values and rewards dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced professionals. We operate over 2,200 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and Mexico. All of our associates have one thing in mind — helping our customers build and improve upon their homes. Join The Home Depot team today and see for yourself why we are consistently ranked as a top Fortune 500 company.

The Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, values and rewards dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced professionals. We operate over 2,200 retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and Mexico. All of our associates have one thing in mind — helping our customers build and improve upon their homes. Join The Home Depot team today and see for yourself why we are consistently ranked as a top Fortune 500 company.

Talking to yourself is one thing, but you've definitely been at the pub way too long when you start answering yourself. :roflol:

Why is the game at Notre Dame? Isn't Alcoa the higher seed?

TSSAA say:

In Division I the higher seeded team shall be the host school in the first three rounds of the playoffs. In the semifinal and final rounds, in odd years, the top team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. In even numbered years, the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host/home team. If two teams from the same district meet in the semifinal round, the team seeded higher in the district standings shall host.

It's the Maryville rule, lobbied by Middle Tennessee schools to avoid a lower seeded team (like Oakland) having to travel to a higher seeded team (like Maryville) when a top seed (like Blackman) loses before the semifinals (like they did again this year)

Fulton has to travel to Loudon  and West has to go to Rhea as well.

No games in the Knoxville area Friday.

*well I guess Loudon is technically the Knoxville "area"......

Regardless, ND was a one seed and would have hosted anyway.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

28-14 Irish

Film don't lie. We don't have to stack the box. We have so many defensive schemes. Alcoa has never seen a defense like this. In all there losses and championships. Its obvious you all got a frog in your throat. You know your worried its in you all post. Keep thinking we don't have depth. Keep thinking our running back that's hurt is the only one that an run. Its plain to see and hear you all haven't watched film. Irish will be the most physical team you faced all year. You all were beat before you stepped on the field against Maryville. They didn't have to get to physical with you all. Your team was timid and scared. Film don't lie. When your boys watch the McMinn game it will be just like Mary ville game. Once that running back gets tag by our d-linemen and linebackers it will "Katy bar the door"

No..........

It's the Maryville rule, lobbied by Middle Tennessee schools to avoid a lower seeded team (like Oakland) having to travel to a higher seeded team (like Maryville) when a top seed (like Blackman) loses before the semifinals (like they did again this year)

Fulton has to travel to Loudon and West has to go to Rhea as well.

No games in the Knoxville area Friday.

Regardless, ND was a one seed and would have hosted anyway.

Intersting. Well, good luck to Alcoa, Fulton, Grace, Maryville and West this week.

Alcoa 28 Notre Dame 14. Alcoa's line is just too strong.

Yea. I think if ND loads the box,Alcoa can STILL pound the rock. Just a simple run it right at you and see if you can stop it for 4 qtrs. Alcoa's ground game can chew up 6-7 minutes a drive. A stop for Alcoa's defense will put a tired bunch of ND linemen back in front of the "rock pounders"! Simple game plan.....but has brought gold home to Alcoa many times.