State Semifinal: Coalfield at Monterey

BigDave1967

That's what I figured would happen. Great accomplishment of getting to Cookeville, but this Union City team is just unbelievable.

Can you make one post without mentioning how great union city is? Or how bad this game is going to be? i know your feelings are still hurt about the season but this thread or the comment that you replied to has nothing to do with union city. Go to your sp threads because no one else likes you. Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Can you make one post without mentioning how great union city is? Or how bad this game is going to be? i know your feelings are still hurt about the season but this thread or the comment that you replied to has nothing to do with union city. Go to your sp threads because no one else likes you.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm sorry that you feel that way about me. I know football and I apologize to you, sir for knowing a lot about the teams.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm sorry that you feel that way about me. I know football and I apologize to you, sir for knowing a lot about the teams.

No one has questioned your knowledge and I know that I never will. but my 8 year old daughter knows how good union city is(true statement) but she doesn't feel the need to mention it every time she talks like you do.

Got to say this was an impressive win. I figured Coalfield would win simply because they could spread the monterey D out and pass on them. Must have played some hard nose defense as well to stop that monterey run game. But I didn't expect this big of a win. Congratulations! Idk but i'm assuming that this is coalfield's first ever trip to the title game? Not gonna lie, I am definitely not the biggest Coalfield fan at all, but I do like to pull for the underdog and especially the east teams so I will be rooting for you boys come friday. After hearing all this talk about UC, I would like to see a small town bunch like Coalfield pull off something special. It may not be possible but that's why you play the game. It's all about who can be the best team for one game now. everthing done previously doesn't mean anything. Good luck to you guys! go get it.

Was this game as lopsided as it sounded? I lowered my line from 28 to 14 and got burned. LMBO

This game was as lopsided as it sounded. Monterey could not keep from shooting themselves in the foot, and could not sustain drives once they did something positive which is crucial for them. MHS's run defense wasn't bad in the 1st half, it was the pass that was hurting them and that they didn't have an answer for. Unlike what someone said though Monterey had more than 150 yards of offense Pretty sure MHS' RB had close or more than 200 yards rushing alone. This game was probably the worst Monterey had played in a couple months. Now does that make a difference in a win or loss? Probably not, but if Monterey played more like themselves the game is probably a 14-21 point game. Congrats to Coalfield. Monterey now joins everyone else who is beginning to prep for the next season. They only lose about 4 seniors so hopefully they can continue with the momentum they started this year. Work hard this offseason Wildcats!

This game was as lopsided as it sounded. Monterey could not keep from shooting themselves in the foot, and could not sustain drives once they did something positive which is crucial for them. MHS's run defense wasn't bad in the 1st half, it was the pass that was hurting them and that they didn't have an answer for. Unlike what someone said though Monterey had more than 150 yards of offense Pretty sure MHS' RB had close or more than 200 yards rushing alone. This game was probably the worst Monterey had played in a couple months. Now does that make a difference in a win or loss? Probably not, but if Monterey played more like themselves the game is probably a 14-21 point game. Congrats to Coalfield. Monterey now joins everyone else who is beginning to prep for the next season. They only lose about 4 seniors so hopefully they can continue with the momentum they started this year. Work hard this offseason Wildcats!

Right. Monterey kept shooting themselves in the foot. It had nothing to do with the fact that Coalfield was better. You all judge Coalfield on the fact that everyone said last year was their year. Do any of you actually have any know about that team? No, so please shut up