Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

Coach Martin is 52-4 in the last 4 years and the losses he has have been to "as good, or better, teams" where the line was even or against CPA. You don't do that by taking anyone for granted. If Milan wins, it will be CPA's first loss in 4 years to a pre-game underdog. Can Milan win? Absolutely! They are a great program that has closed the season strong. I believe CPA is better, but a turnover here, penalty there and the game can change quickly. One thing for sure, these seniors remember the heartbreak of the 2012 loss at Milan. They will not take Milan lightly.

wasn't the 2012 Milan win at CPA? CPA lost at Milan in the 2011 semis...seems like their QB got hurt or something like that unfortunate happened....pulling for the Dawgs but pulling for CPA vs Alcoa if that happens..

Edited by cofo

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't the 2012 Milan win at CPA? CPA lost at Milan in the 2011 semis...seems like their QB got hurt or something like that unfortunate happened....pulling for the Dawgs but pulling for CPA vs Alcoa if that happens..

Absolutely right! My bad. CPA in 2011 at Milan was ahead when CPA QB Mitchell broke his foot. He tried to keep playing but eventually Soph. Vic Wharton and another QB had to step in. The backup QB got tackled in CPA end zone to give Milan the margin of victory.

In 2012, CPA star RB, Smith, got hurt in first half and Milan pulled out the win.

NOT taking away anything form Milan, they were a great team and injuries are part of the game. Believe those two teams those two years would have gone 5-5 in a 10 game series.

Absolutely right! My bad. CPA in 2011 at Milan was ahead when CPA QB Mitchell broke his foot. He tried to keep playing but eventually Soph. Vic Wharton and another QB had to step in. The backup QB got tackled in CPA end zone to give Milan the margin of victory.

In 2012, CPA star RB, Smith, got hurt in first half and Milan pulled out the win.

NOT taking away anything form Milan, they were a great team and injuries are part of the game. Believe those two teams those two years would have gone 5-5 in a 10 game series.

Agreed.

I agree CPA wins this one but it won't be a blow-out like the regular season meeting...Milan is much improved...if CPA thinks they can come to M-town and throw their jersey's on the field and win....could turn into an interesting game..and if CPA does win, I'll be pulling for them vs the other private school... Alcoa...time for "what gets off that yellow bus" schools to win it...time for recruiting schools to have their own playoffs....

CPA does not recruit.. If you knew anything about high school football or if you have been to a CPA game you would know that they don't recruit just by skin color.. Hahah not trying to be racist or anything but friends of mine go to CPA there is only one black boy playing for them..

CPA does not recruit.. If you knew anything about high school football or if you have been to a CPA game you would know that they don't recruit just by skin color.. Hahah not trying to be racist or anything but friends of mine go to CPA there is only one black boy playing for them..

Not sure what "skin color" and number of "black boy playing for them" has to do with it, but yes CPA does recruit.  The coaches might not do the recruiting, but if they did not recruit then they would not exist.  

Coach Martin is 52-4 in the last 4 years and the losses he has have been to "as good, or better, teams" where the line was even or against CPA. You don't do that by taking anyone for granted. If Milan wins, it will be CPA's first loss in 4 years to a pre-game underdog. Can Milan win? Absolutely! They are a great program that has closed the season strong. I believe CPA is better, but a turnover here, penalty there and the game can change quickly. One thing for sure, these seniors remember the heartbreak of the 2012 loss at Milan. They will not take Milan lightly.

Very good coach and he does a great job, but kind of easy to go 52-4, when 52 of the teams were not "as good, or not better teams".      You said it first.

who cares if they recruit. sounding like a bunch of cry babies. unless they performance enhancing or something of that nature then let them be. winning breeds jealously. Get over this dumb debate unless you can prove it then who cares honestly??

Must be that awesome kindergarten program that they are talking about since about 75% of the starters were at CPA in kindergarten. Think about it. That means Coach Martin was recruiting these kids to CPA when he was an All-Star QB at MBA. It doesn't get more impressive than that!

I went back and looked at the roster that was posted on the CPA-Westy thread. There are 17 CPA starters since 5 start both ways (several others play both ways as well), 12 of the starters went to CPA in Kindergarten, 2 went in the 7th grade and 3 in the 9th grade. Since Ingle Martin has only been at CPA for 4 years, that means every starter came to CPA before or at least the same time as Coach Martin. None that played at any other high school. No transfers. 

Edited by coachrus

Just want the CPA fans to know that the posters on this thread making comments about recruiting are not Milan fans. They have not been on our threads all year and we don't claim. I can promise Milan has nothin but respect for CPA and the boys and coaches are only focusing on winning the game against the team they will line up against Friday night and not where those boys came from. It is usually some one whose team that is already long been eliminated that whines about recruiting. Win or lose we will give our best. If we lose we will improve and be back next year. That is why we always are.