Semifinal Rematch- CPA @ Milan

Bulldog32

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back and looked at the roster that was posted on the CPA-Westy thread. There are 17 CPA starters since 5 start both ways (several others play both ways as well), 12 of the starters went to CPA in Kindergarten, 2 went in the 7th grade and 3 in the 9th grade. Since Ingle Martin has only been at CPA for 4 years, that means every starter came to CPA before or at least the same time as Coach Martin. None that played at any other high school. No transfers.

When did the QB Hockaday (sp?) come to CPA. or the Receiver that went to Missouri. Understand that unless you are one of the bigger schools in the state 1, 2 or in CPA's case 5 or 6 new (good) players can make all the difference in the world. You can't run from that fact.

When did the QB Hockaday (sp?) come to CPA. or the Receiver that went to Missouri. Understand that unless you are one of the bigger schools in the state 1, 2 or in CPA's case 5 or 6 new (good) players can make all the difference in the world. You can't run from that fact.

As a 9th grader and as a 7th grader respectively. Hockaday is now the RB and occasional wildcat although he shared QB duties last year. He came to CPA at the start of high school and at the same time as Ingle Martin. The Missouri WR, Richard, came 3 years before Coach Martin. Again no starter (good players?) transfers on this team. The claim made earlier was that Coach Martin recruits and that is why CPA is good. I don't see any evidence to back that claim up.

Edited by coachrus

I have never said hat Martin recruits, all I have ever said that privates have an unfair advantage in getting players. Hockaday is a transfer as he was at a different school then came to CPA to play in High School. Do you know how many new player we got at the start of their HS? NONE. As a matter of fact I would love to have had Hockaday on our team last year during our game and believe that he would have been difference turning the game in our favor. One, two and for sure three players DOES make a difference (whether they come in the 7th, 8th, 9th or some other time during HS) and contrary to what you say you get them and we don't.

I know Milan has recent history of giving CPA trouble (and ending CPA's season), but I've been fooled too many times by the comments on here this season along the lines of "this one will be closer than people think" when it comes to CPA's matchup. I wish CPA would have more games turn out closer than they do, but I'm gonna stick to what I've seen to be a trend, and say that CPA goes up by 35+ before the end of the 3rd. Bring on Alcoa. Sorry BPM, I have a ton of respect for Milan's program as well as how you represent your school on CoachT. I hope I'm wrong and we get to see an exciting game on Friday.

isn't that a basketball champ ring?

I have never said hat Martin recruits, all I have ever said that privates have an unfair advantage in getting players. Hockaday is a transfer as he was at a different school then came to CPA to play in High School. Do you know how many new player we got at the start of their HS? NONE. As a matter of fact I would love to have had Hockaday on our team last year during our game and believe that he would have been difference turning the game in our favor. One, two and for sure three players DOES make a difference (whether they come in the 7th, 8th, 9th or some other time during HS) and contrary to what you say you get them and we don't.

OK that is why I explained my response. I never claimed you said anything. I wasn't responding to the private vs public debate. I have repeatedly said that I am fine with a private/public split. That is just my opinion of one person. In my opinion the publics created the current system and they run the current system. In my opinion the powers that be don't want a split. That's why they forced the privates into two different systems. They never offered privates who don't want to offer scholarship any choice. So I guess you just gotta play where they force you to play. If you have a problem with the current system go complain to the board who are all public school reps.

Edited by coachrus

OK that is why I explained my response. I never claimed you said anything. I wasn't responding to the private vs public debate. I have repeatedly said that I am fine with a private/public split. That is just my opinion of one person. In my opinion the publics created the current system and they run the current system. In my opinion the powers that be don't want a split. That's why they forced the privates into two different systems. They never offered privates who don't want to offer scholarship any choice. So I guess you just gotta play where they force you to play. If you have a problem with the current system go complain to the board who are all public school reps.

Or they could just get better and beat them. Then there is no need to complain. :)