State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Got Maryville's back in this. I got ties and family there in Murfreesboro. Maryville will be ready to play. All roads cross go through Maryville.

Maryville's last 5 opponents from 7aaa ...

Riverdale....loser

Smyrna....loser

Riverdale...loser

Siegel....loser

Blackman...loser

For the home of the best football in the world, it sure seems there are a lot of losers! When you prove something outside of 7aaa, then you can talk. We are 5-0 vs your self proclaimed greatest district since 2009. #excusesareforlosers

Brentwood 
Homecoming   W 49-7    Fri Oct. 10 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #6 Baylor    W 17-10    Fri Oct. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif LaVergne D    W 47-0    Fri Oct. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Riverdale D 
My TV 30 Friday Night Rivals
  W 42-20    Thu Oct. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Stewarts Creek D    W 54-7

Here are the last five regular season games he referenced, and I think I saw the word "powerhouse" in there somewhere. Yep looks like a real gauntlet all right. Real struggles. 

Edited by mhs

Exactly MHS.ðŸ˜

t Brentwood

Homecoming W 49-7 Fri Oct. 10 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #6 Baylor W 17-10 Fri Oct. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif LaVergne D W 47-0 Fri Oct. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #15 Riverdale D

My TV 30 Friday Night Rivals W 42-20 Thu Oct. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Stewarts Creek D W 54-7

Here are the last five regular season games he referenced, and I think I saw the word "powerhouse" in there somewhere. Yep looks like a real gauntlet all right. Real struggles.

Edited by tennesseestud2013

Come on guys LOL Maryville's last 5 opponents of the regular season won a total of 14 games. LOL Now why do you think they do not want to play the powerhouse teams!!!! Could it be they can play their second and third string the last half of these games and have their starters fresh for the playoffs. Nobody says George Quarles is stupid!!!! Lets see Oakland's last 5 regular season opponents won 28. LOL heck Blackman's last regular season opponent ( Hoover Al ) almost won as many games as the last 5 opponents Maryville faced!!!!

Nobody is forcing Oakland and Blackman to go schedule Hoover.  And I'm sure Oakland didn't need their starters in the entire game against Brentwood, Mount Juliet, and Stewarts Creek. 

In Oakland's last 5 regular season games they outscored their opponents 209-44.  Looks like the starters had plenty of time to rest.

People like to attack the latter end of Maryville's schedule because that includes most of their weaker opponents. People gloss over the fact that they possibly defeated 3 state champions earlier in the season (Webb, Alcoa, Knox West).

Edited by THSVikings2004

When fans look at Maryville's scores they just don't realize that the Rebels could score as many as they want against most teams but, the coaching staff is always building for next year so they play young guys as quickly as possible not to be concerned about style points, just like SH Oakland will have to play their best game to win. I think Maryville makes it the BCB and rematches with Blackhaven and gets their justice for the bad, bad call that cost them the last time they played. By the way I am a Halls Red Devil fan, not a Maryville guy but I watched that phantom call at least 10 times on my TV and make no mistake those boys were robbed.