State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Save me some of what your drinking

Do your homework MHS has not faced a D team that is big, fast and talented as Oakland all year

So dropping 45 won't happen

Sure I want a mid state team to win and IMO it would have been the Blaze . Sure OHS is playing lights out ball but it better hope it holds MHS to 14 PTS or less to win this game

Either way MHS will finally face a varsity squad and not the JV schedule type team

You couldn't handle what I'm drinking. And all of you that keep talking about JV teams, 7aaa hasn't played the champs but they're coming don't worry.

Come on guys LOL Maryville's last 5 opponents of the regular season won a total of 14 games. LOL Now why do you think they do not want to play the powerhouse teams!!!! Could it be they can play their second and third string the last half of these games and have their starters fresh for the playoffs. Nobody says George Quarles is stupid!!!! Lets see Oakland's last 5 regular season opponents won 28. LOL heck Blackman's last regular season opponent ( Hoover Al ) almost won as many games as the last 5 opponents Maryville faced!!!!

Maryville's last 5 opponents from 7aaa ...

Riverdale....loser

Smyrna....loser

Riverdale...loser

Siegel....loser

Blackman...loser

For the home of the best football in the world, it sure seems there are a lot of losers! When you prove something outside of 7aaa, then you can talk. We are 5-0 vs your self proclaimed greatest district since 2009. #excusesareforlosers

Come on guys LOL Maryville's last 5 opponents of the regular season won a total of 14 games. LOL Now why do you think they do not want to play the powerhouse teams!!!! Could it be they can play their second and third string the last half of these games and have their starters fresh for the playoffs. Nobody says George Quarles is stupid!!!! Lets see Oakland's last 5 regular season opponents won 28. LOL heck Blackman's last regular season opponent ( Hoover Al ) almost won as many games as the last 5 opponents Maryville faced!!!!

What were Oakland and Blackman's average margin of victory in the games they won this year?

And for God's sake quit thumping the chest over one trip to a Hoover team whom I hear was average this year (by their standards). Especially since it was an L and from most accounts not as close as the score would indicate. Answer that question though; Notre Dame wouldn't touch it. With the monster schedule how many times were Blackman and Oakland seriously challenged other than when they played each other? You guys preach schedule constantly because you've not beat us and it's all you got. All the while ridiculously over hyping yourselves. Those two "elites" combined for 200 yards in penalties last night and one got tossed. That tells me all I need to know about the discipline and coaching to an extent.

Edited by mhs