State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Can't wait til next Friday!!! any good restaurants near OHS? How'd did Oaklands new kicker do last night (kickoffs and PAT's)?  Go Red Rebels!!!!

Kicker struggled! Restaurants: Toots great food and atmosphere a family sports bar, Demo's an Italian steak house very good and inexpensive! Both are right across the street from each other on Braud St. Come early and try them out u won't be sorry!

Maryville Fans, 

What kind of year is Blackmon having at LB? Seemed like he was in every play last year against Blackman. Is he going both ways, or just playing LB?

PJM...TD Blackmon, aftur bein' one ov our leedin' tacklurrs laist yeer az a frashman, haz ben a phenom this yeer......He onlee plays D and evur-once-inn- a-while inn our short yardage O sets....He haz a brite future, iz a great footbawl player, and a better young man..... :popcorneater:

Can't wait til next Friday!!! any good restaurants near OHS? How'd did Oaklands new kicker do last night (kickoffs and PAT's)? Go Red Rebels!!!!

Get there early and try Slick Pig BBQ. 1920 E. Main St. Order the smoked wings. I caution you and tell you that everyone in your party will need their own order of wings. Once you have one and someone try's to take one from your plate it will turn into an outright brawl. Like an earlier poster said Demos'. Great food. Good prices. City Cafe is another good place to eat. It's a meat and three in town square. Not sure what time they close.

Edited by milo118

milo and old fan-thanks for the info on the good eatin places-always gotta take care of the hierarchy of needs!

last night i saw murvil run sets on both o and d that i'd never seen them run before-very interesting!! murvil fans do you think jimmy will have DJ flip sides any so he can be matched up with jack jones?

Spank they have been throwing some new wrinkles in at practice the last few weeks. Idk if DJ will get flipped. Find out Monday, but I ain't ain't posting it on here! Mama didn't raise no fool.

Miss Reb agreed and didn't I mention how hard it is in full detail - not debating you W is W

Some MHS think and say they are the kings since they throw verbal jabs at 7aaa teams , fine I apoint you a king .....Now this is respect to your team you deserve it but ,,,,

Since you rule wouldn't you love to see what your team can do versus Ensworth , Hoover or another power ?how much more so you need to prove?

if I'm in Vegas I'm putting the house on you for another gold ball this year

What fun what challenge does your yearly schedule or playoff teams pose? Face it 1st taste of a game is semi final .

As a fan I would want a Ensworth or Hoover ; fact would demand it....are you afraid you will be appointed boy kings instead of kings of Tn football if Ensworth beat you (if they even can ) wouldn't you want to see where the team stacks up - heck sure it would draw 25,000 ESPN etc... Again respect to you it's your it's earned so please to the typical few with the wisecracks would you like to see where you measure up to

ND... as a fan I would love to see those games, but at what point can Maryville stop trying to prove itself?  When I was in high school, around the time this website started, everyone clamored that 4A Maryville would not win a title against 5A teams and that their schedule was weak.  Several years later we bumped up to 6A and faced many of the teams that their fans claimed we wouldn't beat.  Now that we're in the highest classification in the state, and we're still consistently in the state championship game, many fans are clamoring that Maryville should be playing Ensworth or out of state powerhouses.  I know that to be the best you have to beat the best, but I think that Maryville has proven itself enough and shouldn't have to run out and play out of state teams or private schools in order to prove themselves.

Yes yawned I did at your schedule

I haven't looked but with such a mind boggling schedule I am sure Oakland and Blackman's games all year were close nail biters right? No blow outs, correct? I mean with an NFL schedule compared to our cupcakes and JV's only stands to reason right? What was the average margin of victory for those two? 

ND... as a fan I would love to see those games, but at what point can Maryville stop trying to prove itself?  When I was in high school, around the time this website started, everyone clamored that 4A Maryville would not win a title against 5A teams and that their schedule was weak.  Several years later we bumped up to 6A and faced many of the teams that their fans claimed we wouldn't beat.  Now that we're in the highest classification in the state, and we're still consistently in the state championship game, many fans are clamoring that Maryville should be playing Ensworth or out of state powerhouses.  I know that to be the best you have to beat the best, but I think that Maryville has proven itself enough and shouldn't have to run out and play out of state teams or private schools in order to prove themselves.

Has nothing to do w/ them proving themselves, as a fan of good, quality hs football it would be more of a guilty pleasure to me.....

As for Maryville it would just be more about challenging themselves; I would be pulling for them against ANY of the privates and especially against an out of state power.....

I do understand these types of things are not always possible due to scheduling, logistics, or what have you, but Coach Quarles thrives in situations where his teams are less athletic/talented than his opponents, and that just makes for some really good football.....

I have witness the Maryville machine before as playing them and watching them as a fan.I am telling you, they are on a whole nother level. Most if not all Maryville fans will agree, Quarles was quoted as saying this might be his best defense. You will see something you have not seen this year Oakland. Nothing against Oakland, but you guys better play lights out and mistake free. I know Rutherford County and Murfreesboro area real well with family living down there. I am telling you Maryville is ready.

JV schedule? Are you calling Knoxville West, Science Hill, Sevier County, Alcoa, and Webb "JV Schools" there?

Edited by tennesseestud2013