State Semifinal: Maryville at Oakland

BigDave1967

Mac is a punk and his team and coaches act like punks! I have said it before and I will say it again, if Oakland can't turn the game into a brawl there is not enough under the headset to beat you in a chess match, he will never out coach you!

Plus I'm not much on a man that curses his own players out. I saw and heard it myself I was 15 feet from the man. :popcorneater:

Very interesting. I didn't go because it was on TV. Guess my age is starting to catch up with me but the team was warned many times over not to get caught up in that nonsense which they didn't. I felt inside that we could go there and win because we were more disciplined. I listened to the the kid going to UT talk about the offensive line played dirty bragging about it. You would never in a million years hear one of GQ's players say something like that in an interview. I'm glad that game is over and behind us and wish all the people from Oakland well. It was every bit of the ballgame it was billed up to be. From what I heard their fans were really great people and treated us wonderful and that's the way it should be.

Very interesting. I didn't go because it was on TV. Guess my age is starting to catch up with me but the team was warned many times over not to get caught up in that nonsense which they didn't. I felt inside that we could go there and win because we were more disciplined. I listened to the the kid going to UT talk about the offensive line played dirty bragging about it. You would never in a million years hear one of GQ's players say something like that in an interview. I'm glad that game is over and behind us and wish all the people from Oakland well. It was every bit of the ballgame it was billed up to be. From what I heard their fans were really great people and treated us wonderful and that's the way it should be.

Barn , Barn , Barn ... After complaining about our Crowds and putting Pics about it ?

Barn , Barn , Barn ... After complaining about our Crowds and putting Pics about it ?

Pep I love our people that come to the games, It's the ones that are not I get upset over. People buying season tickets and not even coming to the games. Now I didn't go to Oakland because I felt like someone had beat me with a baseball bat and didn't think it would be the best situation to be in but I am so very thankful it was on TV. I had a feeling it was because that was the channel that had it last week and every time I went to their site what ever was on air was on the web also. 

I've joked about it asking if winning has become boring but I just don't have an answer why the stands aren't full like they used to be. There were three or four games this year we couldn't have filled the old stadium up and there has to be a reason. The number 1 team in the state and the stands are always half filled.  Pep your a smart person and you've seen as much football over thirty years as I have, what's your opinion.

I still don't know how No. 7 made that catch along the Oakland sideline.  Watching Stork's video it still doesn't look like he gets a foot inbounds, but it is hard to tell.  If he doesn't make that grab then I really think that Oakland doesn't make their comeback.

My son, who is a former Rebel and a referee, watched it on TV and said they showed a replay.  He hated to say it but he said the receiver clearly drug a toe inbounds.  Good call!

My son, who is a former Rebel and a referee, watched it on TV and said they showed a replay.  He hated to say it but he said the receiver clearly drug a toe inbounds.  Good call!

Thanks for clearing it up.  It was impossible to see live in those low to the ground bleachers, and watching the clip didn't really clear it up too much.  Glad we had eyes back at home to keep us in line!   :thumb: