Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Looks like I'll be making the trip to UC Friday, this gunna be a gudun ! Hey swo since its ur house maybe some of us coacht'ers could meet up and put a face with a name, of coarse those who wish to, you tell us a place and time, I'd like to meet some ole has beens as myself

I enjoy meeting all the coachters I can. I usually meet everyone at the flagpole just inside the main gate. It's the one as soon as you enter the stadium. I have to specify because there are 3. I was gonna offer this a little later in the week. Now is as good a time as any. Yes so any of you who want to meet we can all meet at the flagpole before or at the half and if anyone wants to meet after I am glad to do that to. Heck we can even go get an appetizer at Applebee's after the game. You guys say when.

I enjoy meeting all the coachters I can. I usually meet everyone at the flagpole just inside the main gate. It's the one as soon as you enter the stadium. I have to specify because there are 3. I was gonna offer this a little later in the week. Now is as good a time as any. Yes so any of you who want to meet we can all meet at the flagpole before or at the half and if anyone wants to meet after I am glad to do that to. Heck we can even go get an appetizer at Applebee's after the game. You guys say when.

BigSwo buying applebees after game

I met ncs dad at Nashville and he's a great guy, I hope to make the game and as of now I'm still coming. I would love to make the coach t meeting, I have been to a few games/scrimmages where big Swo was at but havnt got to meet up yet so looking forward to Friday!

From what I hear NCS relies pretty heavily on a few really good players where UC has them across the board and doesn't have holes to fill.. Think it will be a good game but UC won last year with the same group who are now better and more developed. So I say UC wins again by 2 scores at least.. Their offense is gonna score because of what it is and how good they are at it.. Their defense is underrated to say the least. They are so solid everywhere it's hard to beat them doing anything..

NCS has more depth now than last year….players have matured, grown, and gotten stronger.  There is a remarkable class of freshman wearing orange and blue.  Dimensionality is what will win this ball game.  Union City's offense is mighty and we will "fear the veer".  We will also be ready for the veer, the wing t, the spread offense, or anything else you can run.  Statistically and rightly so, Union City has built a dynasty on what they do and what they do well.  NCS's dynasty will be built on sense and knowledge of the game.  The coaches for NCS are diverse and will have all of the boys ready for the game, regardless of the misdirection and the ball control that the veer boasts.

NCS has more depth now than last year….players have matured, grown, and gotten stronger.  There is a remarkable class of freshman wearing orange and blue.  Dimensionality is what will win this ball game.  Union City's offense is mighty and we will "fear the veer".  We will also be ready for the veer, the wing t, the spread offense, or anything else you can run.  Statistically and rightly so, Union City has built a dynasty on what they do and what they do well.  NCS's dynasty will be built on sense and knowledge of the game.  The coaches for NCS are diverse and will have all of the boys ready for the game, regardless of the misdirection and the ball control that the veer boasts.

I love the way you respectfully worded your post. It was eloquent and direct. However we play in a tough district and see the same teams every year. Case and point last year we beat a very good Humboldt team twice in the same season. Trenton Peabody is another annually strong team that has averaged 40 plus points this season and is playing at home Friday night for a chance to go to the title game. We beat them convincingly and they have seen the veer far more times than NCS. I believe NCS will be as prepared as they can be for what we run. Here lies the problem. No one can duplicate what we do in practice. Why because the scout team doesn't know what our guys know about how to run n this offense. No one knows for certain who is getting the ball when the ball is snapped. Why? Because it's not decided until the qb reads how the defense responds. I've been watching this offense since 08 and I still get fooled. Also the running backs can adjust once they have the ball. No matter how well you prepare this offense will eventually find the weaknesses in the defense. It is grueling and constant. Remember this that everything that is done is to set up the defense for a huge gain. Coach Bowling knows when to expose that weakness at the most opportune moment. I respect what you are saying but these guys are the best at running this offense I have ever seen. So I am certain that there will be some moments when the NCS defense will be trying to figure out what just happened. Your team is a formidable opponent and UC will have to play their best game of the season to win.

NCS has more depth now than last year….players have matured, grown, and gotten stronger. There is a remarkable class of freshman wearing orange and blue. Dimensionality is what will win this ball game. Union City's offense is mighty and we will "fear the veer". We will also be ready for the veer, the wing t, the spread offense, or anything else you can run. Statistically and rightly so, Union City has built a dynasty on what they do and what they do well. NCS's dynasty will be built on sense and knowledge of the game. The coaches for NCS are diverse and will have all of the boys ready for the game, regardless of the misdirection and the ball control that the veer boasts.

Wayne Co was undefeated in 09 and I thought they would be state champs hands down, and WC had always been a veer running team up until Tyler Rice became qb and they started throwing a lot more but what I'm saying is WC knows the veer. Needless to say UC came to town for the semi finals and it was a good game til halftime and then in the second half UC mopped the field with us. Be weary of how confident you are on here when it comes to UC! You'll be eating crow and it don't taste good!