Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Looks like I'll be making the trip to UC Friday, this gunna be a gudun ! Hey swo since its ur house maybe some of us coacht'ers could meet up and put a face with a name, of coarse those who wish to, you tell us a place and time, I'd like to meet some ole has beens as myself

Sounds like we will have 10A well represented for one last time ;)

Wayne Co was undefeated in 09 and I thought they would be state champs hands down, and WC had always been a veer running team up until Tyler Rice became qb and they started throwing a lot more but what I'm saying is WC knows the veer. Needless to say UC came to town for the semi finals and it was a good game til halftime and then in the second half UC mopped the field with us. Be weary of how confident you are on here when it comes to UC! You'll be eating crow and it don't taste good!

I would not say mopped the field. The final was 31-21 I think and we had five or six turnovers. But when it mattered the most we could not stop them. 3-4 yards every play over and over. UC did the same thing to South Pitt the next week, There going to pound on you so get ready.

I would not say mopped the field. The final was 31-21 I think and we had five or six turnovers. But when it mattered the most we could not stop them. 3-4 yards every play over and over. UC did the same thing to South Pitt the next week, There going to pound on you so get ready.

Yep that's how we do it. Except those 3 or 4 yard gains turn into 10 to 12 yard gains late in the game. It is constant and unrelenting. Not exciting but I love it.

Just my opinion but I don't think 42 will be averaging 4 a carry, unless he happens to break one for 35 or 40. D Line will have to control the UC push and make plays near the line.  We need to control the misdirection and get a handle on the QB. We did good with the dive plays last year but the QB gave us fits. We definitely need UC to get in a hurry and put it on the ground a few times. Only real fear for the game is getting behind and going away from the run. If we have to pass most every down, it will probably get ugly. QB play for NCS will play a huge role in the outcome of the game. I hope he is ready for the big stage. I also  hear a lot about our kicker being able to place kicks at the 5 or so yard line. I hope he kicks it another 6 yards this week and makes UC start at the 20. There is no point in defending those kick returns if you don't have to. No doubt NCS will need to be near flawless to be in it at the end. I guess we'll find out soon.

Edited by bigb31072

Haven't posted this year, just been reading and enjoying. Glad to see everyone is civil today. I expect this game to be worthy of all the hype. Good players, good coaches, good fans, and good schools. Went by the school today. The field has a new coat of purple and looks great. Y'all come on over and I'll see you at the flag pole. I'll bring nametags for the coachsters.