Nashville Christian at Union City - West Semi-Finals

MisterObjective

Remember, we are the DEFENDING state class A champion.  Yes, we are one of the better team to have ever played at Union City according to many.  WE are riding a 25 game winning streak.  I have confidence in my team, don' t you ?  We are the second most highest scoring teams in all classifications In the state behind Knoxville Fulton.  Averaging 58 points per game. The question is, can your team stop mine ?    I  personally feel your offense can't stop Union City, that will be the  test.  We feel we  stop yours. We know that during the regular season that Nashville Christians opponents, only 2 of the teams you faced had a winning record with most only having 0 - 3 wins.  Yes, you beat a undefeated Columbia Academy but they would have gone 5 - 5 in our district.  One of the teams we beat very handily in late season is also playing tomorrow night in Trenton and they are well on their way of possibly winning class AA championship.  We have been tested to some degree.  We are planning on NCS being our toughest so far as this game has been talked about since day one of the season.  

Edited by ucdiditagain

Remember, we are the DEFENDING state class A champion. Yes, we are one of the better team to have ever played at Union City according to many. WE are riding a 25 game winning streak. I have confidence in my team, don' t you ? We are the second most highest scoring teams in all classifications In the state behind Knoxville Fulton. Averaging 58 points per game. The question is, can your team stop mine ? I personally feel your offense can't stop Union City, that will be the test. We feel we stop yours.

You may be the best horn tooter I've ever come across.

Remember, we are the DEFENDING state class A champion. Yes, we are one of the better team to have ever played at Union City according to many. WE are riding a 25 game winning streak. I have confidence in my team, don' t you ? We are the second most highest scoring teams in all classifications In the state behind Knoxville Fulton. Averaging 58 points per game. The question is, can your team stop mine ? I personally feel your offense can't stop Union City, that will be the test. We feel we stop yours. We know that during the regular season that Nashville Christians opponents, only 2 of the teams you faced had a winning record with most only having 0 - 3 wins. Yes, you beat a undefeated Columbia Academy but they would have gone 5 - 5 in our district. One of the teams we beat very handily in late season is also playing tomorrow night in Trenton and they are well on their way of possibly winning class AA championship. We have been tested to some degree. We are planning on NCS being our toughest so far as this game has been talked about since day one of the season.

Toot......Toot

I wonder what the veer looks like when it gets blown up. Just wondering....

Oh I'm certain you will see that a few times tonight. I mean we can't block everyone on every play. NCS will get some stops. The problem is will you get enough stops at the right time? That's what burns you. Remember Special Teams and turnovers is what this game will be about. Field position will also be key. If you choose to onside or kick out of bounds and shorten the field that plays against you as well. I'm am so looking forward to this game. We are all doing a great job of supporting our teams and for the most part it's all been respectful. Can we play at noon?

Oh I'm certain you will see that a few times tonight. I mean we can't block everyone on every play. NCS will get some stops. The problem is will you get enough stops at the right time? That's what burns you. Remember Special Teams and turnovers is what this game will be about. Field position will also be key. If you choose to onside or kick out of bounds and shorten the field that plays against you as well. I'm am so looking forward to this game. We are all doing a great job of supporting our teams and for the most part it's all been respectful. Can we play at noon?

Is it ludicrous to think we would kick deep and try to cover the return? I've seen our kick team stick to one side, but never cower completely and kick out of bounds. Maybe a sky ball to the 25 looking for a fair catch. I'm looking forward to seeing what route the coaching staff takes. I hope we can try 8 or 9 different spots😉.

I also wonder what UC's kicking plan will be. We definitely have one return man that is stronger than the other.

I assume Moffitt is a return guy. Who else is usually deep?

Moffit and Reid who is equally as fast. We have some descent up backs as well. I mentioned kicking out of bounds because we have been getting some of that lately. Not that there have been many opportunities for the teams we have played to do that. Just seems like a trend. It usually doesn't work out in the end. But I know we are playing the best team we have seen since last year's semis. So maybe we will not see some of this stuff. However if you want to pull out all stops and given our play on onside kicks I say go for it. LC did and it worked for them a time or two. This is the game for all the marbles. I wouldn't blame either coach for taking a chance or a couple of chances.

Is it ludicrous to think we would kick deep and try to cover the return? I've seen our kick team stick to one side, but never cower completely and kick out of bounds. Maybe a sky ball to the 25 looking for a fair catch. I'm looking forward to seeing what route the coaching staff takes. I hope we can try 8 or 9 different spots😉.

I also wonder what UC's kicking plan will be. We definitely have one return man that is stronger than the other.

I assume Moffitt is a return guy. Who else is usually deep?

Since we are tooting our own horns now, I'll take a shot too. All of the NCS fans know we have a weapon (compared to most 1A schools) when it comes to the kicking game. Our ability to kick deep on kickoffs and flip the field on punts has been a huge advantage at times this year. I guarantee you won't see kickoffs intentionally going out of bounds. I certainly don't wish for a game that comes down to a FG but our kicker has a personal best of 60 yards in practice. He's "money" from 45 and in.