State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Oneida is not a slow football team....I take exception to the poster that put that up. You don't get the #3 defensive ranking in the state (in all classes) by being "slow". GCA made numerous plays that had serious consquences to the final score in that game. 4th and 1 stop, fumbled punt return, fumbled kick-off, interception on 3 yard line, and other mistakes made by our team (and theirs) that reflected the score of that game. I believe they started 2 or three drives in our territory (short field), but like any team that reaches this point they capitalized on each of our mistakes. They are very sound in what they are doing right now, if I sense a weakness in them it would be they aren't as effective a passing team as they were a year ago. Excluding the TD pass they threw late, their QB was not exceptionally sharp throwing the ball. If Marion is what I think, this game will be won or loss up front because they will both try to impose their will in the run game. #1/#21 (Marion) vs #2/#40 (GCA)......whichever tandem has the most yards combined will IMO have the upper hand at the games conclusion. Two Cents Worth...!

Kazam

This one might be shaping up as speed vs power.

I doubt either team possesses tremendous raw speed Bass....unless your referring to Marion as being the "fast" team?  I couldn't refute that as I have not seen them play.  GC gets a lot of bodies in front of their sweeps which makes 5 yards almost a given unless you bust the wall of blockers in front of the back.  Very tight, well run from a blocking standpoint.  We chipped at that a couple of times but overall they were pretty affective the other night on power sweeps.  How well GCA's defense plays will be a telling key.....they came up big several times last week, can they contain the Warrior's vaulted offense.  I think the game is going to end up 7 to 10 points either way.

Kaz

• Upvote 1

I doubt either team possesses tremendous raw speed Bass....unless your referring to Marion as being the "fast" team?  I couldn't refute that as I have not seen them play.  GC gets a lot of bodies in front of their sweeps which makes 5 yards almost a given unless you bust the wall of blockers in front of the back.  Very tight, well run from a blocking standpoint.  We chipped at that a couple of times but overall they were pretty affective the other night on power sweeps.  How well GCA's defense plays will be a telling key.....they came up big several times last week, can they contain the Warrior's vaulted offense.  I think the game is going to end up 7 to 10 points either way.

Kaz

+1

That was gonna be my next post...The sweep is run and blocked VERY well....I'd put our DE's & DB's up against most and we were SWALLOWED by that wall toooooo many times! When we did break through, they were very good at falling forward and still picking up yards. As Pujo said, these aint no GCA pretty boys....And they are very FB smart IMO.

BTW, Bass said on another thread that the winner of this game loses by 35 to NC or UC in the championship game...Not causing any to look ahead, but is it possible to just award the silver ball after this game?

Wrong deal Uknowit,winner of this game plays either Peabody or Adamsville. The winner of the Coalfield game is the one getting demolished. I'm taking Peabody to bring home the bacon.

Does Marion CO have strength and condictioning classes during school. I know Grace does and they have a high quality Coach. If not I'd say Grace has the stronger team. They can hold up for 4 quarters and not wear down. I've watched them in person 3 games and the longer the game wears on ,the more dominateing they get.

Marion will NOT run out of gas I can promise you that.

BTW, Bass said on another thread that the winner of this game loses by 35 to NC or UC in the championship game...Not causing any to look ahead, but is it possible to just award the silver ball after this game?

No, I said the winner of Coalfield and Monterey would be mercy ruled in the 1A game. It didn't matter who came out of the east this season. The east was the weakest it has been in 30 years while the west has one juggernaut in Union City that is the best team in 1A or 2A. Only 2-3 teams in 3A could handle Union City. They are loaded and the real deal.

Well condictioned team and they are not pretty boys as some might think,they don't shy away from the rough stuff.

Thats good theyre in line for some rough stuff Friday..they are big but Marion won't be intimidated. So what happened the RW game cuz the way y'all talk theyre unstoppable..RW was a much smaller team and from the film ive watched dominated GCA. I watched RW in person against Boyd and thought they were average

No, I said the winner of Coalfield and Monterey would be mercy ruled in the 1A game. It didn't matter who came out of the east this season. The east was the weakest it has been in 30 years while the west has one juggernaut in Union City that is the best team in 1A or 2A. Only 2-3 teams in 3A could handle Union City. They are loaded and the real deal.

Barney you saying union county could beat that Ross man. They ain't got the Ross factor. What kind of mess is this?