State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

What is sweet is they haven't been on it but just this season. The large sophmore class, freshman and the 28 eighth graders coming over starting in January will be the biggest gainers after several seasons of the program

We want this type of in-school program at Hampton....We have the instructors but I'm sure I'll be told we dont have the funding.

For if we were allowed to put it in place here, there are three other HS's in the county that would have to have it also...And rightfully so.

We will just continue to train in their off periods, after school and weekends.

Sorry, I did not mean to hi-jack this thread

Edited by uknoit2

We want this type of in-school program at Hampton....We have the instructors but I'm sure I'll be told we dont have the funding.

For if we were allowed to put it in place here, there are three other HS's in the county that would have to have it also...And rightfully so.

We will just continue to train in their off periods, after school and weekends.

And well stay behind the highly successful programs.

What is sweet is they haven't been on it but just this season. The large sophmore class, freshman and the 28 eighth graders coming over starting in January will be the biggest gainers after several seasons of the program

Thats a sweet situation and I'm sure that was a stipulation before Coach Ross would take the job. With all this going on, Marion Co will be a powerhouse year after year. I like it

Yes the entire team meets every morning before school and he has all them first block which an hour and a half. He also has the other teams throughout the day for training including female sports.

How in the world does the whole team even get there that time of day,we'd have ALOT of kids who couldn't get there even if they wanted to. Could be that you're kids are fairly close to the school,some of ours are 30 minutes away.

These two teams seem eerily similar although grace seems bigger and Marion quicker. Marion has been running every morning at 6 am since the summer and it continues into first block. They also lift on game days. I thought the last coach had them in shape but this year coach Ross has taken it to a whole new level. They run an uptempo offense as well so they also get stronger as the game wears on

You guys and Grace have alot in common.

How in the world does the whole team even get there that time of day,we'd have ALOT of kids who couldn't get there even if they wanted to. Could be that you're kids are fairly close to the school,some of ours are 30 minutes away.

I suppose most are with in 10-15 minutes away. Now the 6 am ended when school started they get there now at 7:30. That gives Ross two hours with the football team every morning. The 6:00am was during summer.

I suppose most are with in 10-15 minutes away. Now the 6 am ended when school started they get there now at 7:30. That gives Ross two hours with the football team every morning. The 6:00am was during summer.

So they can actually practice football during school? They need to let all of the schools in the county do this. No wonder the kids are in such good shape. This is a great advantage if schools can work it out to make it happen.

Thats a sweet situation and I'm sure that was a stipulation before Coach Ross would take the job. With all this going on, Marion Co will be a powerhouse year after year. I like it

Cool thing is that when he was the defensive coordinator at Calhoun, Buford beat them in the finals and he wondered why their athletes were faster than his. He went to Buford and asked them what they do and designed his program from them basically and ended up beating them when they were nationally ranked. He brought the elastic training bands with him and they were about $ 6000. We hope that we get the edge up on people by this training because we usually don't have the type kids that teams like sp have. We aren't always blessed with great athletes. Most folks around really think Ross is going to do big things and we hope he sticks around here and does big things. He is going to be a hot commodity in the coaching business and it will be hard for us to hang on to him.