State Semi-Final GCA at Marion County

gcapride

Watching more film and yes number 1 is good. Forst play he was hit in the backfield so boys better gang tackle! How often does Marion fumble per game? I'm watching the Bledsoe county game.

We fumbled quite a bit to start the season, as can be expected with a new qb that hasn't played the position. Last few games hardly at all. I would probably say we will lay it on the ground once per game. What about the rams? Marion is on the good side of turnover margin by quite a bit I would say but don't have definite numbers.

Key to me is this,can Marion stop or slow down the running game of Grace. Oneida has one of the sharpest defensive minds in 2a and quality players,Grace went through them like Sherman went through Atlanta. Marion is either got to have a better scheme or just flat out better players. I do know that #1 A stud at linebacker, that may be just what the Dr ordered. Should be a heck of a game.

Honestly Truth, I don't. As far as your opinion about the previous principle, you hit the nail right on the head. The strength training program that's in place right now was brought up by Boeck, but of course it was shut down. Supposedly the football players weren't academically capable enough to do school and one block of strength training a day. However, it was totally fine for our band to have the whole fourth block to practice. This isn't a knock on the band, those kids work hard just like all the athletes at our school. Just goes to show you what MC was having to deal with under that regime. Now mix that with promises falling through for a good coach causing him to leave, a politics hire that was awful, and Boeck going from good to bad fast. That my friends was a recipe for disaster. What happens as soon as Larry takes over? He hires Mac, who on paper is a awesome hire and had immediate results on the football field. Unfortunately we all know what happened there. It caught us all off guard but some things you just can't account for. Then turns around and makes what is looking like to be another solid hire in Ross. Larry Ziegler was a major factor that will truly be missed. This old geezer just don't have the faith that the next principal will be able to run the show like he did. Sorry to get off on a rant, just like giving credit where credit is due. But about this game, fellars you have been at the lowest of the lows, and right now your on the highest of the highs. Seniors you have seen it all but I'm talking from the Seniors all the way down to the Freshman. This old geezer wants to say I have been with you through thick and thin. And you can bet I'm going to be there Friday sporting the purple and white right by your side as you go into battle. If I could put the pads on I would!! No matter what happens Friday night, Oldfaithful wants to say thank you to an outstanding group of young men on an awesome season!! But something tells me we ain't done just yet..............we still hungry :hungry:

TO MUCH PURPLE :roflolk:

GREAT post!!!

I have a feeling purplepower68 will be in here before the night is over. Give him time. Paging purplepower68.

Oh I am around trust me. This one has me a little skittish. Grace is a very good team. Talked to Zeman after practice last night and he said he hopes he can give Warrior fans something to remember in his last game on our field. I told him son no matter what happens you will always be a legend here. He doesn't like praise at all lol. I told him that pick 6 last week was a thing of beauty. First words out his mouth was the different blocks he had on that return. Coach Ross said if that play doesn't win him Mr. Football people don't understand what that award is. I have thought all year that Akin should get it because of his stats but I am being biased now I guess. There is not a better overall player than Blake. That's my opinion and no disrespect to any other player.

This kid is Mr. Football

We fumbled quite a bit to start the season, as can be expected with a new qb that hasn't played the position. Last few games hardly at all. I would probably say we will lay it on the ground once per game. What about the rams? Marion is on the good side of turnover margin by quite a bit I would say but don't have definite numbers.

Once a game is usually the line. We are way in the plus catagory for playoffs.

I'm praying for an injury free contest and it's gonna be a classic game for sure!