CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

If I'm not mistaking, the Stewart has unbelievable strength. Before the season started he was benching 450. But your right he could improve on his explosiveness off the ball. But he's being recruited for an offensive lineman.

He recruited by many Division 1 colleges I believe. Both him and Jernigan were Mr. Football finalist.

Somebody posted that if Stewart is really a 4 star prospect that none of uc lineman should get around him any all game. That statement is absurd. I don't care at any position at any level no matter how good the player they will get beat or make a mistake. With that said he should when most of his one on one battles in this game, but he won't win every single one. Also I don't understand the personal rips on Stewart he is a good kid and I think he will excel at UT. I think that more than likely also that Jernigan is a great player who probably doesn't get the college looks he deserves it happens all the time, but that should not take away from what Stewart has don.

I wonder how many Peabody fans will come in a day early and support a fellow district team?

My family won't be up in time to watch, but I guarantee I'll have some headphones in my ear listening while I'm at a Christmas party for work! Can't wait to hear those golden tornadoes roll into a 2nd state championship for 2 years in row in addition to their previous gold balls!

Edited by TPeabodyGT

Question for those who have been to the state championship games...will they have programs, t-shirts, hats, etc for sale at the game?

All of the above and then some. T$$AA trailers and vendors set up all around the stadium. You can even purchase DVD of the game if you wish. Hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there. I'm always there for all 8 games. Usually hanging around the taca tent or on the fence behind the end zones. Look for Cloudland Letter jackets. All three of my sons will be there

Somebody posted that if Stewart is really a 4 star prospect that none of uc lineman should get around him any all game. That statement is absurd. I don't care at any position at any level no matter how good the player they will get beat or make a mistake. With that said he should when most of his one on one battles in this game, but he won't win every single one. Also I don't understand the personal rips on Stewart he is a good kid and I think he will excel at UT. I think that more than likely also that Jernigan is a great player who probably doesn't get the college looks he deserves it happens all the time, but that should not take away from what Stewart has don.

Agree