CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

I'm going to jump in on this lineman talk, I have seen Givens four times in person and watched several games in film, I have seen Jernigan once in person and a few game film and I have seen Stewert just on film. To me Stewert is clearly the better of the three but seeing as how we're naming names and saying how they would dominate every other lineman in 1a I will have to disagree, #70(71 in the ncs game as he was honoring a injured teammate) is one of the best in 1a if not the best, ask Givens and the other ncs lineman that we're double and triple teaming him without success. I would love for him to have lined up against Jernigan or Stewart and watched them go at it!

me too, i love honest non biased opinions,

I never got involved much in the UC threads but I have quickly discovered why no one likes them. like I've said, I'm a neutral fan who loves small town football. In most cases, UC is a team that I would love to watch and keep up with because of their dominance. But you all have SOME(not all of you) of the most obnoxious fans I've ever ran across. You all remind me of a lot of the SP fans when they were in the business of kicking in everyone's heads on Friday nights. What your football program is doing right now is a great thing for that community and school. But then you have you mouth breathing, knuckle draggers come on here and give the place a black eye. Those kids are working their butts off and you guys are ruining THEIR reputation. The sad thing is most of you probably either rode the bench somewhere or never was part of the team. If you had ever been through what these kids are going through you would be more respectful instead of destroying their body of work. If there is going to be trash talk, let it come from the ones who are working their butts off every day and night and not someone who is nothing more than a body in the bleachers who came out of the woodwork when the team started having success. Thanks for reading.

Rudy...will you be at the game? I'd like to meet you if you do go...

Somebody posted that if Stewart is really a 4 star prospect that none of uc lineman should get around him any all game. That statement is absurd. I don't care at any position at any level no matter how good the player they will get beat or make a mistake. With that said he should when most of his one on one battles in this game, but he won't win every single one. Also I don't understand the personal rips on Stewart he is a good kid and I think he will excel at UT. I think that more than likely also that Jernigan is a great player who probably doesn't get the college looks he deserves it happens all the time, but that should not take away from what Stewart has don.

ive seen it for four years now, its not fair to zach he plays the whole game both ways who the heck can be explosive the whole game, if he played for maryville or alcoa he would be a 5 star, coalfield and 1a east tn competition drags him down, people will say that this kid from UC is better because the rest of our line is weak, who cares.........

Okay, usually I just read because honestly, it's enjoyable and sometimes amusing to hear about this stuff. But I have to say several of the other Union City Coach T posters seem to be a lot more disrespectful than they used to be.. I'm honestly disappointed. I don't want to offend or anything, but you're giving us all an image of cockiness. I understand our team is good. Probably one of if not the best team we've ever had. But that's no reason to be this overconfident about these things and make others feel bad and directly insult players and teams. It's not right. I got personally insulted when I played (although my name wasn't directly mentioned it) and it frustrated the living daylights out of me. I didn't know how to respond and there was no real way I could besides let my actions speak louder than their words. But it does hurt to see someone on the T insult you, I can promise you that. So as a community, I think we should stop all this disrespect towards Coalfield as I'm sure they will play well and fight as hard as they ever have.

(I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but I don't mean everyone. There are several UC posters that are showing a lot of respect, and Coalfield, neutral teams, and others appreciate it.)

Edited by UCStone2014

I never got involved much in the UC threads but I have quickly discovered why no one likes them. like I've said, I'm a neutral fan who loves small town football. In most cases, UC is a team that I would love to watch and keep up with because of their dominance. But you all have SOME(not all of you) of the most obnoxious fans I've ever ran across. You all remind me of a lot of the SP fans when they were in the business of kicking in everyone's heads on Friday nights. What your football program is doing right now is a great thing for that community and school. But then you have you mouth breathing, knuckle draggers come on here and give the place a black eye. Those kids are working their butts off and you guys are ruining THEIR reputation. The sad thing is most of you probably either rode the bench somewhere or never was part of the team. If you had ever been through what these kids are going through you would be more respectful instead of destroying their body of work. If there is going to be trash talk, let it come from the ones who are working their butts off every day and night and not someone who is nothing more than a body in the bleachers who came out of the woodwork when the team started having success. Thanks for reading.

Dadgumit Rudy. I have tried to avoid getting this label all season. I want our program to be respected and right now we come off sounding like a bunch of 1A bullies. Listen up UC posters. This is not a good representation of who we are. I have heard about class ever since I have been involved with the UC program. If we are top dogs and we know it we shouldn't have to be so arrogant. I have blasted other posters for trying to run UC down. But. .....Rudy has nailed some of you to the wall. Let's have more respect and let our boys do what they do. Atlas this is not intended for you. I completely support your support for Jernigan. For some of the rest of you, you all know who I am. I don't hide it. Let's be the classy people I know we have been and need to be again. I remember the first year we won the Title. There were so many people from SP who said we were just lucky. I for one don't want to have that reputation. Let's clean it up. Please.

• Upvote 1

I respect Union city. But, this coalfield bunch has taken some lumps and keep on ticking. They have been right there every year for a few years now. UC has talent and has pretty much beaten everyone easily. Coalfield has had to dig deep when they lost several key players early yet fought back to where they deserve to be. Hats off coalfield from this SP Pirate. I am pulling for you, but the odds are against you. But hey, they have been all year so what makes this game any different?! Good luck!

BigSwo and other posters from from U C....I tend to get out of hand at times on here and simply try to defend but when I do I actually knock myself down a notch or two and also lower myself.  That is why I have to take a few days off.  Sorry for offending anyone.  But this is a forum and what I say or have said is nothing like what some can get away with.  I sure don't want to give us a reputation of being low class and such.  Folks from Coalfield, please accept my apologies.  Not being able to attend many games, depending on the live stream by internet and sometimes radio, it is hard.  I am not for sure I will even get to attend the game this week as  work may get in the way.  Go Tornadoes and safe trip for everyone from both schools.  I know the game will be clean and full of great sportsmanship.  Til then, Go win that second gold football in a row tornadoes !

Edited by ucdiditagain

BigSwo and other posters from from U C....I tend to get out of hand at times on here and simply try to defend but when I do I actually knock myself down a notch or two and also lower myself.  That is why I have to take a few days off.  Sorry for offending anyone.  But this is a forum and what I say or have said is nothing like what some can get away with.  I sure don't want to give us a reputation of being low class and such.  Folks from Coalfield, please accept my apologies.  Not being able to attend many games, depending on the live stream by internet and sometimes radio, it is hard.  I am not for sure I will even get to attend the game this week as  work may get in the way.  Go Tornadoes and safe trip for everyone from both schools.  I know the game will be clean and full of great sportsmanship.  Til then, Go won that second gold football in a row tornadoes !

Great post my friend. Albeit I'm betting the CF supporters are going to be slow to warm up to us for a while.