CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Since 1990 Trousdale has won the state in 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013. 2001 they moved up to 3a and went to semi-finals and lost to Austin East. 2002 they went back to semi-finals and lost in overtime to Fulton 14-13. Safe to say both years they would have one 1a state title. So, that would have been 10 title since 1990. Be ready 1a, they're Back!

It's just my opinion,and my opinion only that the 97 Trousdale team was the best 1A team ever. Just go back and look at their scores.

Since 1990 Trousdale has won the state in 1990, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013. 2001 they moved up to 3a and went to semi-finals and lost to Austin East. 2002 they went back to semi-finals and lost in overtime to Fulton 14-13. Safe to say both years they would have one 1a state title. So, that would have been 10 title since 1990. Be ready 1a, they're Back!

We all know they are back "NEXT YEAR" rite now we are worried about "THIS YEAR" and this thread says UC vs CF!!!! So start a thread about TC!!! These guys are wanting to focus on whats going on Friday night not next year!!! We all know what a power house they are and will be but as for now its UC and CF spot light so let these guys enjoy this!!!

I can't disagree with that statement. The 60's and 70's produced some great teams as well, but that 97 team was as dominant or possibly moreso than this Union City team.

I would love to see that 97 team against this UC team. I don't remember a lot of the players from that TC team but I do remember the name Michael Scruggs. That kid was special.

It's just my opinion,and my opinion only that the 97 Trousdale team was the best 1A team ever. Just go back and look at their scores.

that 97 team might have been the best team ever for 1,2, or 3a sized schools. QB Payne 6-3,225 could run like a scat back, power run like a full back, and also throw it well. Scruggs ancored the line, 6'4 290. LB Chad Eveitts was the leader on defense, went on to play at Tenn Tech where he is now in their Hall of Fame, and played a little with the Pittsburgh Steelers. That team was very stacked. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Article from unapproved website: The 1997 undefeated championship team should be considered one of the best teams in Tennessee high school football history. That team still holds the record for points scored in a season with 733 points through 15 games. The biggest stat from that season is the fact that they outscored their opponents 733-53. That means that over the course of the season they only allowed an average of less than 4 points a game while scoring nearly 50 points a game! The 1997 Trousdale County Yellow Jackets capped off a great season with a 45-0 win in the state championship against Clarksville Academy.

Article from unapproved website: The 1997 undefeated championship team should be considered one of the best teams in Tennessee high school football history. That team still holds the record for points scored in a season with 733 points through 15 games. The biggest stat from that season is the fact that they outscored their opponents 733-53. That means that over the course of the season they only allowed an average of less than 4 points a game while scoring nearly 50 points a game! The 1997 Trousdale County Yellow Jackets capped off a great season with a 45-0 win in the state championship against Clarksville Academy.

Good post

This UC team is good, but if you think they could hang with the 97 or 2000 2a state runner up teams or beat the '09 team, i have to disagree. I've played with these boys and I was on the '09 team and 2009 was a completely different animal in 1a. These guys are good, but DO NOT get so caught up in our success that you think they're invincible. We have the talent, but if these boys even think about thinking that we have it in the bag, then we'll lose. The mentality is what wins uc games, not our talent, but going in knowing we're there to punch a time clock and go to work.

And As For Stewart Vs. Jernigan, College Recruit Don't Mean Jack.Squat. Tristan Wants The Gold Ball And So Does Stewart. Having Played With Jernigan I Have To Give HimThe Advantage Because He Plays Like A Mad Man 48.1 Minutes Of The Game. He's Got A Motor That Just Don't Run Outta Gas.

This UC team is good, but if you think they could hang with the 97 or 2000 2a state runner up teams or beat the '09 team, i have to disagree. I've played with these boys and I was on the '09 team and 2009 was a completely different animal in 1a. These guys are good, but DO NOT get so caught up in our success that you think they're invincible. We have the talent, but if these boys even think about thinking that we have it in the bag, then we'll lose. The mentality is what wins uc games, not our talent, but going in knowing we're there to punch a time clock and go to work.

From a completely objective standpoint, I disagree, I have seen all the mentioned teams play and I say this team is right there w/ any of those you mentioned. BUT, just like yours, mine is just an opinion. This team runs the veer like a machine but what separates them IMO is how good their defense is, once again just my opinion.....lol

I understand you maybe saying those teams would beat this group but find it funny you dont even think they could hang w/ them.....lol