Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

Congrats to Peabody. Classy group. The only classless ones on here are the MC haters and the ones who wish they could have made it. Coach Woods walked away from the camera crew to shake Zeman's hand.

I agree! These Peabody posters are a class act. Players, coach, and fans all very classy! Congratulations to you TP! As far as all these MC haters- you show your class at every opportunity (or lack there of). You even made the drive up to root against us. Good luck to you guys on finding a coach. I hope whoever it is he has class and maybe it will rub off on some of you!

I garuntee you they have played that card all year. It is plum worn out and I ain't joking.

Conditioning is super key, I hate to say it but MC didnt looked well prepared for PHS!!!! I feel your coaches underestimated the speed, I was extremely impressed with the class of all the young men on the field today!!Comments were made of our Defense,simply put I think very few in the east realized the quality of teams PHS beat to get to this game!

Conditioning is super key, I hate to say it but MC didnt looked well prepared for PHS!!!! I feel your coaches underestimated the speed, I was extremely impressed with the class of all the young men on the field today!!Comments were made of our Defense,simply put I think very few in the east realized the quality of teams PHS beat to get to this game!

like we have said for years you really can't prepare for speed. You just gotta score when they score and give yourself a chance in the end. The turnovers kept them from doing that early. Offense for mc didn't get going until 2nd half.

Peabody started building this monster 3 years ago under Joe Gaddis. They had to learn how to win and BELIEVE so some credit should go to him for that. They have knocked on the door the past 2 seasons, this year they kicked it plumb down. The future is very bright for several years to come.

Congrats to MCHS ON A GREAT season!

You realize there are some schools that don't even have spring practice, plus many schools best athletes never go through spring practice because of other sports like baseball and track? That excuse don't fly. Marion had a good season and got beat by a better team.

Lack of spring practice and extended dead period in the summer did affect them in the first few games but it wasn't a factor after mid season. Just lost to a better team. I don't know of any teams around here that don't have spring practice though.

Marion's biggest problem was that their offense was too one dimensional. The old school wingt ball control offense don't work well when the other team has a fast athletic defense that can fly to the ball. And the opposing offense has enough speed to put points on the board. We shutdown MC's offense early and their D couldn't handle our speed on offense. Once we got up by a few scores we went conservative and just held our lead till the end. Against a fast strong D like our's that offense takes to long to score. Once they had to start trying to pass we had them. You have to respect that they continued to fight till the end.