Blue Cross Bowl: Peabody vs Marion County

BigDave1967

You two cool it or you can both go to to timeout. Now, TTP did say Marion would have a hard time winning. I never made a prediction because I wasn't sure they could win either. Peabody was head and shoulders the better team today and any other day. Marion had a good, solid season. Congrats to them.

Barney you ain't even a moderator anymore. So you ain't gonna send me anywhere. Me or ole TTP didnt break a durn rule. He just got rattled a little when I asked him how he wanted his crow. I ain't joking either.

What kind of mess is this? You and TTP eating that crow yet? Might want to put a little Dales sauce on it. I garuntee you that Ross man should have did like that McCurry man and got him a college runner to come run some durn plays. You think im joking but im not.

Your are an idiot! Please find some other hobby. I skip 99% of your post. I don't say much but I read alot and your post are painful to read. Please overdose on redbulls and fudge rounds!

All I can say is I'm proud of our boys, the Golden Tide! They played a hard fought game and made some great plays. Sure we had a few mistakes, but after a mistake we usually answered with a big play or several plays that added up to another TD. We just had to keep moving forward. Kendrick deserved his MVP for offense, and oh how exciting it was to hear Xavier's name for the Defense MVP especially knowing his return in the Aville game helped seal the deal for our Tidemen to make it to the dance. Both guys were deserving of their awards as well as the entire team getting to transport that Gold Ball into a gym full of Peabody fans welcoming them home in shouts of excitement and so much enthusiasm! Us folks in Trenton are proud of our boys..... We'll always remember this year! Big props to Coach Woods and his staff for molding these boys into the fine young men they are today. Simply stated... Our hometown heroes will always be remembered as the team who brought our first Gold Ball home to Peabody High School!

With that said MC played hard too. I don't think they ever quit fighting. One of the main aspects I don't think I'll forget about this game is Zeman. Once it was explained how he changed his number to 1 to honor a fellow student that fell victim to cancer, he stood out beyond his abilities to play ball. Like I said before, it showed him as a very noble young man on a personal level. It showed there was more to him than just being a football player. He is truly a class act on and off the field. It just proves the point to know he played injured to ensure he finished his last high school football game with his team.. He has heart and never gave up. Job well done, Zeman! I may not always remember the various players of the game for MC, but I'll always remember that selfless story of Blake Zeman. I hope he goes far in his football career!

All I can say is I'm proud of our boys, the Golden Tide! They played a hard fought game and made some great plays. Sure we had a few mistakes, but after a mistake we usually answered with a big play or several plays that added up to another TD. We just had to keep moving forward. Kendrick deserved his MVP for offense, and oh how exciting it was to hear Xavier's name for the Defense MVP especially knowing his return in the Aville game helped seal the deal for our Tidemen to make it to the dance. Both guys were deserving of their awards as well as the entire team getting to transport that Gold Ball into a gym full of Peabody fans welcoming them home in shouts of excitement and so much enthusiasm! Us folks in Trenton are proud of our boys..... We'll always remember this year! Big props to Coach Woods and his staff for molding these boys into the fine young men they are today. Simply stated... Our hometown heroes will always be remembered as the team who brought our first Gold Ball home to Peabody High School!

With that said MC played hard too. I don't think they ever quit fighting. One of the main aspects I don't think I'll forget about this game is Zeman. Once it was explained how he changed his number to 1 to honor a fellow student that fell victim to cancer, he stood out beyond his abilities to play ball. Like I said before, it showed him as a very noble young man on a personal level. It showed there was more to him than just being a football player. He is truly a class act on and off the field. It just proves the point to know he played injured to ensure he finished his last high school football game with his team.. He has heart and never gave up. Job well done, Zeman! I may not always remember the various players of the game for MC, but I'll always remember that selfless story of Blake Zeman. I hope he goes far in his football career!

Your boys deserve it! Great team! Very well coached and lots of class! Enjoyed this week. Good luck to you guys in the future.

You realize there are some schools that don't even have spring practice, plus many schools best athletes never go through spring practice because of other sports like baseball and track? That excuse don't fly. Marion had a good season and got beat by a better team.

you can rely on weight training way too much, that seems to be big slow teams problems thru the years. you gotta mix it with chasing chickens. Speed wins!!

Peabody was an excellent team that was very well coached. They were very diciplined and prepared. I've seen and  coached a lot of ball and Coach Woods had the perfect mix of doing your thing and new wrinkles.  He created a lot of confusion in the beginning and that was enough. There is a lot of talk (by people who are really ignorant and know very little about football, except what Kirk Herbstreit teaches them every week) who will talk about speed beating power.  But it was confusion that caused a lot of those big plays.  Bottom line is that PHS offense aggressively dictated (none of the jeniuses on here will talk about the myriad of formations, many different than anything PHS had on film previously) and made MC think and react and it wasn't till later that MC got agressive and stared dictating to the PHS offense and it tightened up.  I was disappointed with the outcome but I can't say that I have any bad taste from the way MC played or that they lost to Peabody.  Bottom line: PHS was the better team and Coach Woods knew how to use them. MC and  Coach Ross did a good job ajdusting and hanging in.  Great Season, It's what it is all about.

You two cool it or you can both go to to timeout. Now, TTP did say Marion would have a hard time winning. I never made a prediction because I wasn't sure they could win either. Peabody was head and shoulders the better team today and any other day. Marion had a good, solid season. Congrats to them.

Gotta say Ambassador you just always seem to tell it like it is no fluff! Edited by peabodypride