Hampton 2015

dogtruth

We haven't been" beat in the ground" by anybody in a scrimmage. We played Maryville 5-2, but we learned a lot from that one. We watched everything, the way they travel, the way they handle themselves, the way they coach their team. Heck, we watched the way they stretched. We still got our teeth kicked in, but I promise you, we got much better from the experience.

Keep living in that world uknoit. You will continue to get the same results in November.

By the way, we haven't win a silver or gold ball yet because we haven't been good enough. We've been to 2 straight semi-final appearances, not happy about that, but we're trying to get over the hump. When is the last time Hampton made the semi's? Not bashing u guys at all. Just too lazy to look it up.

My point exactly, what does semi-final appearances prove if playing M-Ville type schools makes you better than other 2A programs?

GCA and most other small 2A schools are Apple and oranges pride and you know it.

Our success has and will always be based on having our 11 on the team and healthy come postseason play.

We haven't been" beat in the ground" by anybody in a scrimmage. We played Maryville 5-2, but we learned a lot from that one. We watched everything, the way they travel, the way they handle themselves, the way they coach their team. Heck, we watched the way they stretched. We still got our teeth kicked in, but I promise you, we got much better from the experience.

Keep living in that world uknoit. You will continue to get the same results in November.

By the way, we haven't win a silver or gold ball yet because we haven't been good enough. We've been to 2 straight semi-final appearances, not happy about that, but we're trying to get over the hump. When is the last time Hampton made the semi's? Not bashing u guys at all. Just too lazy to look it up.

Compare you're schedule last season to Marion Co. Case closed

My point exactly, what does semi-final appearances prove if playing M-Ville type schools makes you better than other 2A programs?

GCA and most other small 2A schools are Apple and oranges pride and you know it.

Our success has and will always be based on having our 11 on the team and healthy come postseason play.

I agree that in 2A we HAVE to have our best 11 on the field in November. My point is that playing tougher competition in scrimmages and in non conference games will prepare you to go further into the playoffs. The kids have played the tougher competition during the season, so they are prepared for it in November. The risk you run is getting kids hurt playing bigger schools for 4 Qtrs. I'd rather my son play it tougher in the regular season and lose a few, but wind up with a chance to win it all, than go 10-0 in the regular season and 1 and done in the playoffs.

I agree that in 2A we HAVE to have our best 11 on the field in November. My point is that playing tougher competition in scrimmages and in non conference games will prepare you to go further into the playoffs. The kids have played the tougher competition during the season, so they are prepared for it in November. The risk you run is getting kids hurt playing bigger schools for 4 Qtrs. I'd rather my son play it tougher in the regular season and lose a few, but wind up with a chance to win it all, than go 10-0 in the regular season and 1 and done in the playoffs.

You actually just schedule the teams that will play you. Weaker or average teams are not gonna play you unless they have to.Its not a big boy thing ,its all you can do.

You actually just schedule the teams that will play you. Weaker or average teams are not gonna play you unless they have to.Its not a big boy thing ,its all you can do.

That's where you're wrong, again. This is what I'm talking about when I say you need to either state "opinion" or "fact". In the case above, you stated neither. You typed a false statement that you want everyone on here to read as "fact". GCA has multiple, and I'm going to type it again so your brain will have the opportunity to read it again, MULTIPLE 2A and 3A opponents that have contacted us and wanted a home/home. We choose to go the tougher route in non conference games got a reason. Keep living in the world you're trying to portray, you'll get the same results. Schedule tougher, go deeper. The comment about not getting the "silver or gold" ball is ridiculous. Even if we don't win it all, we go deep in the playoffs because we prepare during the preseason and during the season. I'd much rather go to the Semi's the past 2 seasons than go home after the 1st playoff game. Ask the SR's from last years Hampton team.

That's where you're wrong, again. This is what I'm talking about when I say you need to either state "opinion" or "fact". In the case above, you stated neither. You typed a false statement that you want everyone on here to read as "fact". GCA has multiple, and I'm going to type it again so your brain will have the opportunity to read it again, MULTIPLE 2A and 3A opponents that have contacted us and wanted a home/home. We choose to go the tougher route in non conference games got a reason. Keep living in the world you're trying to portray, you'll get the same results. Schedule tougher, go deeper. The comment about not getting the "silver or gold" ball is ridiculous. Even if we don't win it all, we go deep in the playoffs because we prepare during the preseason and during the season. I'd much rather go to the Semi's the past 2 seasons than go home after the 1st playoff game. Ask the SR's from last years Hampton team.

They begged us to play them last season,how's you're brain on that one.Even offered us money

I made the the comment about silver and gold balls and never consider myself to be ridiculous...I'll say it once more pride, our failure to go deeper in playoffs the last few years had absolutely nothing to do with our schedule...I could give a list of actual events that caused our crashes but would rather just agree to disagree