Hampton 2015

dogtruth

Just for those of us that want to know - can someone please answer the question that was asked about WHO Hampton scrimmaged but you were disappointed with???

We (Sullivan South at about 800 students or so) usually scrimmage D-B and Science Hill which each have almost 3 times as many students. 1st string is usually fairly competitive but we don't go near as deep and usually don't look near as good when 2nd and 3rd team get in but the 1st string definitely gets tested which is what I think is important. If we can find things that we can even be close to successful with against those guys you can bet you'll see that in conference play and the playoffs.

Heck, we really don't know WHO we played Friday!!!

The coach from TCC took the players he wanted and added players from other schools is what I was told...They had "Trinity" on their dry fit shirts and looked like one heck of a FB team...Probably would have been had they had a coach

Edited by uknoit2

Heck, we really don't know WHO we played Friday!!!

The coach from TCC took the players he wanted and added players from other schools is what I was told...They had "Trinity" on their dry fit shirts and looked like one heck of a FB team...Probably would have been had they had a coach

Yeah I've got a friend who's son plays wide receiver on that team. They are definitely a "take all who come to play" squad though. Not just the ones he "picked". Most of those kids would never get to see the football field otherwise as many go to schools that don't field football teams.

Yeah I've got a friend who's son plays wide receiver on that team. They are definitely a "take all who come to play" squad though. Not just the ones he "picked". Most of those kids would never get to see the football field otherwise as many go to schools that don't field football teams.

Thanks, more info I didn't have...As I said, these kids sure look the part and the starters don't look like average high school kids that  woke up and decided to play football one day...They were WELL conditioned athletes....#40 was a strong runner and the receivers were probably good had they had a QB...If they can continue to get kids like that to play, they will be a force soon

Hey, 'raider, if you have a friend with a son on that team, then you of all people should know who they 

are...Who are they? Trinity? TCC-2?, Providence? We're still lost about it :bored:

:roflolk: :roflolk:

Edited by uknoit2

Thanks, more info I didn't have...As I said, these kids sure look the part and the starters don't look like average high school kids that woke up and decided to play football one day...They were WELL conditioned athletes....#40 was a strong runner and the receivers were probably good had they had a QB...If they can continue to get kids like that to play, they will be a force soon

Hey, 'raider, if you have a friend with a son on that team, then you of all people should know who they

are...Who are they? Trinity? TCC-2?, Providence? We're still lost about it :bored:

:roflolk: :roflolk:

I don't see them very often so I don't know all the details but from what I understood there was a falling out with TCCS and the coach decided that wasn't the place for him anymore. The kids were so devoted to him that they didn't want to play for the school anymore so he found a church (Trinity) that would sponsor them. They have practiced some at Tri Cities Baptist Church next to I-26 as well. From what I understand they will still play at the old Lynn View High School field over in Kingsport. I'll see if I can get more details on their schedule. At the moment they seem to have a similar program as the Tennessee Silverbacks which is a group of football playing home schoolers. They travel LONG distances to play in the North Carolina Piedmont Football League. I think they play their home games at Dobyns- Bennett.

I don't see them very often so I don't know all the details but from what I understood there was a falling out with TCCS and the coach decided that wasn't the place for him anymore. The kids were so devoted to him that they didn't want to play for the school anymore so he found a church (Trinity) that would sponsor them. They have practiced some at Tri Cities Baptist Church next to I-26 as well. From what I understand they will still play at the old Lynn View High School field over in Kingsport. I'll see if I can get more details on their schedule. At the moment they seem to have a similar program as the Tennessee Silverbacks which is a group of football playing home schoolers. They travel LONG distances to play in the North Carolina Piedmont Football League. I think they play their home games at Dobyns- Bennett.

If they were more organized they could be pretty good. I doubt they will ever be in the TSSAA.

I think its a bigger deal for Cloudland, It didn't seem to hurt um last season but I've seen times in the past when they didn't even show up. Cloudland worries toooo much about Hampton, that game means nothing,just bragging

rights. We,ve got several bigger games than Cloudland

this season. You want to win them all but this game

means nothing.

Say what?? That's like saying there's a bigger match than the nature boy vs the American dream :)

Ha! I agree LOL

This game matters but now doesn't really matter :o

This reminds me of a sign that the Hampton cheerleaders made a couple of years ago on the Hampton/Cloudland game.  "Is this game really necessary?"  :o   

Of course it is necessary. It is bragging rights for an entire year. I just wish that the kids would get as fired up for all games like they do this one. Although I do feel like the Cloudland kids get more fired up for this one than the Hampton kids do.

It just no longer matters in conference standings...That has taken a bit of the excitement away....But never doubt, Cloudland prepares for this game from day 1.

"Time to break the streak"? Their seniors and coach sure hope so, but Hampton won't be thinking about that game until it's time to play it

We actually have bigger fish to fry this season

It just no longer matters in conference standings...That has taken a bit of the excitement away....But never doubt, Cloudland prepares for this game from day 1.

"Time to break the streak"? Their seniors and coach sure hope so, but Hampton won't be thinking about that game until it's time to play it

We actually have bigger fish to fry this season

Yes you do!