Hampton 2015

dogtruth

We didn't really know anything about the team and when they showed up it looked like we would have our hands full. The lineman were big and they had some great looking skill players. If this bunch were well coached, they would be a mess.

Gotta play who shows up, I guess. My point was that we schedule EXTREMELY tough scrimmages to let our kids know what it takes to be in the "big leagues". Might get beat in the scrimmage, but makes them tougher. Same in our non conference schedule. We play CAK, 6A Jefferson Co, 5A Cambell Co and Webb. Think this team will be ready for ghe playoffs?

Pujo, there's not another team in TN that looked the part more than the team we scrimmaged Friday...They were loaded with athletes...Big and well conditioned...Just no coaching

'Pride, injuries have hurt HHS much more over the years than has a weak schedule.

We play just about anyone around here that we can schedule....who wants to travel 3,4,5 hours?

Pujo, we have much shoring to do! Skill players looked good, line looked good but the possible subs have to hold on to the ball and sellout on every play...we'll be fine as long as we stay healthy

Pujo, there's not another team in TN that looked the part more than the team we scrimmaged Friday...They were loaded with athletes...Big and well conditioned...Just no coaching

'Pride, injuries have hurt HHS much more over the years than has a weak schedule.

We play just about anyone around here that we can schedule....who wants to travel 3,4,5 hours?

Pujo, we have much shoring to do! Skill players looked good, line looked good but the possible subs have to hold on to the ball and sellout on every play...we'll be fine as long as we stay healthy

Watched film all day yesterday and seen plenty to work on, I'd say most teams are in the same boat. Missing a couple of starters hurt some but it also got more kids experience. I just hope we can improve every single week, 

Yea,LJ missing this one was no big deal although I'm sure he hated being out.

Our D hit hard and was fast to the ball...Andersen and Taylor were impressive on D also...Taylor's knee injury is hopefully much improved by Monday...His dad seems to think he'll be fine.

LJ missing was no big deal but Russell needed the work. I'm with you , if we stay healthy ,we'll be just fine.

You don't have to travel 3,4,5 hours. Call DB, call Science Hill, call the good Sullivan Co schools. Call Elizabethton, call TN High or the other schools around Bristol. We're traveling 2 hours for our last scrimmage, just to make sure we get the right competition. Injuries are injuries, we all have them and they are pronounced in 2A. Hampton hasn't won a playoff game since 2009. That's scheduling, my friend. Schedule tougher, last longer.

You don't have to travel 3,4,5 hours. Call DB, call Science Hill, call the good Sullivan Co schools. Call Elizabethton, call TN High or the other schools around Bristol. We're traveling 2 hours for our last scrimmage, just to make sure we get the right competition. Injuries are injuries, we all have them and they are pronounced in 2A. Hampton hasn't won a playoff game since 2009. That's scheduling, my friend. Schedule tougher, last longer.

Disagree...If that was the case, you should have won the gold ball or at least the silver by now.

Scrimmages are to find the things a team needs to work on, not be beat into the ground by programs 3 or 4 deep at most positions.

Not that it matters, but there have been MANY factors leading to HHS's lack of playoff wins over the last few years...Things I don't desire to bring back to life and would rather forget

Disagree...If that was the case, you should have won the gold ball or at least the silver by now.

Scrimmages are to find the things a team needs to work on, not be beat into the ground by programs 3 or 4 deep at most positions.

Not that it matters, but there have been MANY factors leading to HHS's lack of playoff wins over the last few years...Things I don't desire to bring back to life and would rather forget

I agree with you ,if playing stronger teams was the ticket,teams that get beat every game would start winning alot. Its all about who you have on you're team.

We haven't been" beat in the ground" by anybody in a scrimmage. We played Maryville 5-2, but we learned a lot from that one. We watched everything, the way they travel, the way they handle themselves, the way they coach their team. Heck, we watched the way they stretched. We still got our teeth kicked in, but I promise you, we got much better from the experience.

Keep living in that world uknoit. You will continue to get the same results in November.

By the way, we haven't win a silver or gold ball yet because we haven't been good enough. We've been to 2 straight semi-final appearances, not happy about that, but we're trying to get over the hump. When is the last time Hampton made the semi's? Not bashing u guys at all. Just too lazy to look it up.