3A BlueCross Bowl: Alcoa vs. CPA

AlcoaBasketball

This loss is Rankin's fault, but he'll never admit it. With Rankin, it's always someone else's fault. He sure didn't coach like the state's winningest coach tonight.

Rankin needs to drop his ego and add to his play book. I hate seeing those seniors go out like that with such horrible play calling from Rankin.

I have said it many times, Rankin wins always with the best team on the field. Rarely when he is matched or the underdog.

oh my...Johny Ray is out and back at it again......best memory serves ole'Booger is you and crow flapped your gums to the same tune with a prediction like that this year before the 55-7 spanking by ND.....48-0 at half .......that's one heck of a stinger you got working for you......lay off the bold bold predictions son, til you make the Playoffs 1st......you making yourself look????.well; you know

.Highlight "WHEN" you return to the playoffs

Booger just sayin....

I like you boog but gotta call you on this. UH and ND are 1-1 last two years. I guess the tie break for the two schools will if ND and UH meet in basketball or Baseball. I don't think the irish will like the out come of either of those matchups.

What an odd game. If you had told me before the game that Alcoa would have more completions than CPA I would have laughed. With the wind blowing as it was, passing was just too risky. Kudos to Martin to still have a game plan without the pass.

Martin / and DC Taylor put in a new scheme on defense. Basically a 5-4 in the box and man coverage in the edges. The QB sweep was mostly new as well for CPA. QB Weatherley got the job done.

The FG attempt from 60 probably makes more sense if you knew that Osborne consistently makes them from 50. With the 25 mph wind at his back, it was certainly doable. Risky though.

Alcoa still a great program with a lot to be proud of. I happy for these guys who have worked hard and thought about this game every day for the last 364 days.

What an odd game. If you had told me before the game that Alcoa would have more completions than CPA I would have laughed. With the wind blowing as it was, passing was just too risky. Kudos to Martin to still have a game plan without the pass.

Martin / and DC Taylor put in a new scheme on defense. Basically a 5-4 in the box and man coverage in the edges. The QB sweep was mostly new as well for CPA. QB Weatherley got the job done.

The FG attempt from 60 probably makes more sense if you knew that Osborne consistently makes them from 50. With the 25 mph wind at his back, it was certainly doable. Risky though.

Alcoa still a great program with a lot to be proud of. I happy for these guys who have worked hard and thought about this game every day for the last 364 days.

well said

A couple of folks have said if the ball reached the end zone in the air it would have been Alcoa's ball on the twenty. I've never heard of that? Have you? Or I could be misunderstanding them...

I like you boog but gotta call you on this. UH and ND are 1-1 last two years. I guess the tie break for the two schools will if ND and UH meet in basketball or Baseball. I don't think the irish will like the out come of either of those matchups.

yeah; don't know if Booger wants to touch that one.......Thought you may reach out to me on my shot at your boys RayRay and Crow......wasn't trying to bruise you up UCM..........you know Booger don't like to make predictions as to what ND will do; might make a prediction on 2 other teams.............but you also know Booger likes bruise up nut cases making bold predictions as to what they will do to ND in the future.....look at those 2 or 3 goons who stunk up the place with how bad the big bad F5 was gonna roll over ND by the 40's and "Pound that Rock" down CPA's throat.....my foot don't taste as good in my mouth as theirs does in theirs.....maybe Booger should wash them more

I understand the emotions are there....CPA is an excellent team...give the Coach Rankin a break...he has more wins that any other human in TN history...

I understand what you're saying, but I've given Rankin so many breaks through the years I'm sick of it. He wastes more athletes than any coach I've seen with his limited play calling.

I guess Rankin better start getting his younger son Zeke ready to kick long field goals in high school, because with his dad's play calling, we'll need whatever points we can get.

yeah; don't know if Booger wants to touch that one.......Thought you may reach out to me on my shot at your boys RayRay and Crow......wasn't trying to bruise you up UCM..........you know Booger don't like to make predictions as to what ND will do; might make a prediction on 2 other teams.............but you also know Booger likes bruise up nut cases making bold predictions as to what they will do to ND in the future.....look at those 2 or 3 goons who stunk up the place with how bad the big bad F5 was gonna roll over ND by the 40's and "Pound that Rock" down CPA's throat.....my foot don't taste as good in my mouth as theirs does in theirs.....maybe Booger should wash them more

I will say ND beat up UH in 2013, 3 starters on D were all the next week. Looks like yall did simuar to Alcoa. #2 wasn't the same. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Masterful game by Coach Martin and CPA.

We have our best effort, but it wasn't enough tonight. J. Tyson is a winner and will be so where at the FCS level, Mitchell has the grades to go wherever he wants.

Alcoa's offense is hard to watch. We need to get more skill players involved in 2015 when we make another run at the gold ball.

I guess we will put this one with the one other silver ball we won in 1988.... If we can find it.

Congrats again to CPA on a well deserved victory. That are a tough well coached team.

Out.....

Painted our little friendly matter was all in fun. Tell you what, technically January is next year.